Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Perry

Featured Replies

For some reason I just suddenly started feeling really bad for this guy. I have been giving this guy crape to my friends all season, but I really think this kid is all heart. He showed last year during the NCAA tourny what he is really all about, but he just cannot get it goin this year. He is a GREAT guy off the court from what I hear from my friends at UK and he NEVER runs his mouth to anyone. Even though he might not be the best talent in the world I think he wears the UK jersey with great class OFF of the court. I think he has a GREAT jumper, but is afraid to take a shot because of Tubby, the fans, etc. and that is really taking away from his confidence.I thought i would start up something positive about a senior player instead of always hearing the bad about the whole class. I know this will turn into a thrashing thread, but o well I personally think this guy is a class act on and off the court...

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have defended Perry all season to everybody and he hadn't done much to help my argument. Last year when I was very hard on him, he all of a sudden decided to play great. So I am going to stop defending him and try to use reverse psychology here and see how it works. Bobby Perry sucks and should never see the floor...

  • Author

I guess I have to start up a UK bashing thread in order for anyone to respond...

Perry's a good guy. He's classy and you know he plays hard. Unfortunately it's just never really come together for him at UK. He's still got some time though to make some good memories this year, and hopefully he can make the most out of that time.

I think Perry's out of sight tournament games gave many false hope. Not his fault, when fans see a player go off like he did they expect it to continue. Perry seems to be a classy kid, a good role player but he set the bar at a high level last March.

I can't wait until this senior class is gone!!! No ATH's in that class at all.

I'm glad to see the class act side of Perry, but since his inabilities on the court hurt us more than his friendly smile helps, I will always find msyelf room to give Perry a few jabs. I mean I am a nice guy and a class act (oustide BGP :D), but that doesn't mean I shoud be playing for Kentucky.

He seems like a nice guy. But his good games are far outweighed by his bad one's. He's too inconsistent. He also has the weakest hands of any UK player in recent memory. I don't know how many times I've seen him rebound the ball, only to have it taken away by an opponent. And he struggles with finishing shots around the basket, mainly due to the "weakest hands" point I made, or strength issues.

For some reason I just suddenly started feeling really bad for this guy. I have been giving this guy crape to my friends all season, but I really think this kid is all heart. He showed last year during the NCAA tourny what he is really all about, but he just cannot get it goin this year. He is a GREAT guy off the court from what I hear from my friends at UK and he NEVER runs his mouth to anyone. Even though he might not be the best talent in the world I think he wears the UK jersey with great class OFF of the court. I think he has a GREAT jumper, but is afraid to take a shot because of Tubby, the fans, etc. and that is really taking away from his confidence.I thought i would start up something positive about a senior player instead of always hearing the bad about the whole class. I know this will turn into a thrashing thread, but o well I personally think this guy is a class act on and off the court...

:thumb: Great post C-A-T-S!!! and very true!!!

He definately tries hard, and is a nice guy, but that doesn't make him a UK caliber starter.

I think Perry's out of sight tournament games gave many false hope. Not his fault, when fans see a player go off like he did they expect it to continue. Perry seems to be a classy kid, a good role player but he set the bar at a high level last March.

 

 

I remember saying, "People are going to think Perrys good." He plays hard. He plays good defense. He's a 1-dimensional player on offense and his dimension is inconsistent. When he's not shooting he's terrible. He can't play the 4 worth anything, and he can't dribble and handle enough to play the 3. If he was our 7th or 8th guy I'd like him a lot more because of the "hustle" aspect, but as a starter he's terrible.

I can't wait until this senior class is gone!!! No ATH's in that class at all.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

This is a good thread.

Everyone is correct, so far.

 

He HAS heart.

He plays tough and hustles.

He is class.

He shouldn't start.

He just never developed.

Bobbys last year SEC tourney and NCAA run he played very well. Look it up. Yes, he has not played up to our expectations but the season is not over yet.

 

I met Bobby last summer at our FCA camp is a super person who stayed after he spoke to the kids and hung around with them. I think some of the fans need to remember that he chose your school and has played his best.

Bobby is a class act, but should be just a role player coming off the bench for 12-15 minutes per game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.