Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Perry

Featured Replies

I, too, think Perry should be more of a role player, 6th or 7th man off the bench, but, unfortunately, overall, he's the best we've got...I would like to see Woo and Meeks in the lineup more and move morris to the 4 spot...i think the Cats could do some damage with that

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember saying, "People are going to think Perrys good." He plays hard. He plays good defense. He's a 1-dimensional player on offense and his dimension is inconsistent. When he's not shooting he's terrible. He can't play the 4 worth anything, and he can't dribble and handle enough to play the 3. If he was our 7th or 8th guy I'd like him a lot more because of the "hustle" aspect, but as a starter he's terrible.

 

And that is exactly what I try to tell people when they say Perry doesn't deserve to wear the UK jersey. Perry does deserve to wear it, he just was put in a bad situation. He is not the type of player that should be the best player out of a recruiting class, and a player that you should have to count to start. But since that whole recruiting class was so bad, it has made Perry look really bad. Perry should have been in a class here that had atleast one or 2 top notch players with him. So this way he wouldn't have even seen the floor his first or second years, and then would have only been a guy coming off the bench to help out his junior and senior years. But with the situation he has had to play alot more than he should, and it made people really hate the guy and say he should never wear UK across his chest, when that is not true he deserves to because we have had alot of players like him. But most of those players like you said are guys who are 7th or 8th guys off the bench, he just got thrown into a bad situation...

Bobbys last year SEC tourney and NCAA run he played very well. Look it up. Yes, he has not played up to our expectations but the season is not over yet.

 

I met Bobby last summer at our FCA camp is a super person who stayed after he spoke to the kids and hung around with them. I think some of the fans need to remember that he chose your school and has played his best.

:thumb: :thumb:

And that is exactly what I try to tell people when they say Perry doesn't deserve to wear the UK jersey. Perry does deserve to wear it, he just was put in a bad situation. He is not the type of player that should be the best player out of a recruiting class, and a player that you should have to count to start. But since that whole recruiting class was so bad, it has made Perry look really bad. Perry should have been in a class here that had atleast one or 2 top notch players with him. So this way he wouldn't have even seen the floor his first or second years, and then would have only been a guy coming off the bench to help out his junior and senior years. But with the situation he has had to play alot more than he should, and it made people really hate the guy and say he should never wear UK across his chest, when that is not true he deserves to because we have had alot of players like him. But most of those players like you said are guys who are 7th or 8th guys off the bench, he just got thrown into a bad situation...

 

 

 

There are a LOT of UK teams where he would have never seen the court and that's what I would like. However, that's unrealistic, but if he were a 10-15 minute guy I wouldn't mind it a bit.

There are a LOT of UK teams where he would have never seen the court and that's what I would like. However, that's unrealistic, but if he were a 10-15 minute guy I wouldn't mind it a bit.

 

:thumb: I agree and that is why I honestly get so mad at people who say he doesn't deserve to wear the UK jersey because he does actually! The thing is he should have been surrounded with guys who are top notch guys and not counted on to be the best in the class like he is. He is a guy who should be at UK, just not a guy who should be starting at UK...

Congratulations PERRY and WOO.

 

 

I wanted to go through hundreds of the posts before I said this so I wasn't wrong.

I saw maybe 2 or 3 posts of how GREAT an effort Perry and Woo turned in today.

 

 

When these guys falter, which they have done...the board lights up with how awful they are.

 

 

But today, not many congratulations, comments, positive remarks.

:creepy:

 

 

That was senior leadership and hustle at its best. ( they haven't sustained it and i'm doubtful they they will now based on their previous efforts, but still...great stuff.)

Where they perfect, no..

 

But that kind of play makes a huge difference in our season.......

if other players didn't mail it in and give up on them.

 

 

I have almost always took up for PERRY.

I still agree that he isn't the caliber of player that SHOULD have been recruited.

 

His contributes by rebounding, setting picks, shooting free throws, drawing fouls and fouling players.

Congratulations PERRY and WOO.

 

 

I wanted to go through hundreds of the posts before I said this so I wasn't wrong.

I saw maybe 2 or 3 posts of how GREAT an effort Perry and Woo turned in today.

 

 

When these guys falter, which they have done...the board lights up with how awful they are.

 

 

But today, not many congratulations, comments, positive remarks.

:creepy:

 

 

That was senior leadership and hustle at its best. ( they haven't sustained it and i'm doubtful they they will now based on their previous efforts, but still...great stuff.)

Where they perfect, no..

 

But that kind of play makes a huge difference in our season.......

if other players didn't mail it in and give up on them.

 

 

I have almost always took up for PERRY.

I still agree that he isn't the caliber of player that SHOULD have been recruited.

 

His contributes by rebounding, setting picks, shooting free throws, drawing fouls and fouling players.

 

 

Good games from both and UK still loses. Congrats on not being good enough.

He seems like a nice guy. But his good games are far outweighed by his bad one's. He's too inconsistent. He also has the weakest hands of any UK player in recent memory. I don't know how many times I've seen him rebound the ball, only to have it taken away by an opponent. And he struggles with finishing shots around the basket, mainly due to the "weakest hands" point I made, or strength issues.

 

I somewhat agree with your post. He does have weak hands, but I feel Morris has the weakest. I mean here's a kid 6'10, 260 and he spends more time on the floor, off his feet, than any big man in the country.

Bobby Perry plays the game to the best of his ability and he does play hard. He would definitely be a plus if he were coming off the bench.

Sometimes we forget that these players were ASKED to play for UK.

They just accepted the offer.

If we have a problem with their lack of talent,lack of development, or being put in a bad situation--- that blame goes solely to the COACHES .

If they have a bad attitude or are lazy --then that's a different story.

However with Perry or Thomas that has never been the case.:thumb:

Sometimes we forget that these players were ASKED to play for UK.

They just accepted the offer.

If we have a problem with their lack of talent,lack of development, or being put in a bad situation--- that blame goes solely to the COACHES .

If they have a bad attitude or are lazy --then that's a different story.

However with Perry or Thomas that has never been the case.:thumb:

 

Agreed:thumb:

 

You NEVER hear of PERRY being lazy or an attitude problem.

 

It would be nice if he heats up again this tourney like last year.

Good games from both and UK still loses. Congrats on not being good enough.

 

Who wasn't good enough, though??

 

Perry and Woo or the TEAM in general.

They both played one of their best career games.

 

Where was Morris and Crawford...the two players who both WANTED to leave UK last year.

Who wasn't good enough, though??

 

Perry and Woo or the TEAM in general.

They both played one of their best career games.

 

Where was Morris and Crawford...the two players who both WANTED to leave UK last year.

 

Good points. Did Stevenson play at all?

Who wasn't good enough, though??

 

Perry and Woo or the TEAM in general.

They both played one of their best career games.

 

Where was Morris and Crawford...the two players who both WANTED to leave UK last year.

 

 

I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but knowing what I know about basketball I would imagine a lot of energy went into stopping Crawford and Morris. That energy probably provided the opportunity for others to score. Either way a L is an L and this goes to prove that Perry and Woo's best just isn't good enough.

I somewhat agree with your post. He does have weak hands, but I feel Morris has the weakest. I mean here's a kid 6'10, 260 and he spends more time on the floor, off his feet, than any big man in the country.

Bobby Perry plays the game to the best of his ability and he does play hard. He would definitely be a plus if he were coming off the bench.

I agree. Morris loses too many rebounds where the ball is simply taken away from him.

  • Author
I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but knowing what I know about basketball I would imagine a lot of energy went into stopping Crawford and Morris. That energy probably provided the opportunity for others to score. Either way a L is an L and this goes to prove that Perry and Woo's best just isn't good enough.

Hmmmm since you didn't really watch the game, how do you know were all the energy was???? How are you going to comment on the game if you didn't even watch it???? Another typical Tubby basher...Loves when UK loses...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.