Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Perry

Featured Replies

Did I ever say we should run our offense through Perry. You act like if we say Perry had a good game or is actually doing good, it means that we forgot about all the bad games he has had through his career. But we all do remember those bad games, but right now you should give credit to where credit is due and right now Perry is doing what he can to help this team win. And your right early in the year Morris played good and we still lost, and that is the point I am trying to make and I really dont know why you dont get it. Yeah when Morris and Crawford were playing good earlier in the year, people would say the reason why we are still not winning is because we dont have no one else around them. But now in the last 3 games they have had Perry and Meeks during their things, and now Crawford and Morris dont show up really. So that is why I really dont get why you seem like wanting to keep putting Perry down, because in the last 3 games in games we needed to win, Perry has stepped up and did what a role player should do and even more. So when we got guys like Perry and Meeks stepping up, we should be winning games and not losing to Vandy and losing by double digits to UF, but now the guys who are suppose to be the best players on the team aren't showing up, and they should get the blame for those games. Yeah as you said Perry's best still wasn't good enough for us to win, and it was the same for Morris earlier in the year against UNC, his best wasn't good enough for us to win that game either, becaues he didn't have the other guys step up around him. Just like Perry didn't have anyone step up with him in the last few games. So the is my point I trying to get across here, you keep putting Perry down, but in the last 3 games it hasn't been him that has cost us. We need a complete team effort, and we need Perry to keep playing like this, and we need people like Crawford and Morris to actually show up for the big games now as well, and we will be in very good shape...

 

 

A direct quote from me is the point you're trying to make? JK. Sorry I don't praise players for having good games and still going 1-2. It's all about the W's. I said Perry wasn't talented enough but played good d and hustled. Why should I praise Perry? Why is that important to anyone?

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find where you said what? There's only so many ways you can take "Again, a good BP performance amounts to a loss."

 

 

His good performance meant NOTHING. I didn't blame it on him. I didn't insinuate it was his fault, and that quote you posted doesn't even come close to saying that.

I think if Bobby were the role player in a recruiting class, he would have been more successful, in everybody's eyes. However, with this class, he was the stud. He is just not that type of player. He is a very good role player.

His good performance meant NOTHING. I didn't blame it on him. I didn't insinuate it was his fault, and that quote you posted doesn't even come close to saying that.

 

He had a good performance against UGA and they won... I guess that one amounted to a loss as well? One player doesn't win or lose the game, Perry can't pick up the slack of other people.

 

If the rest of thsi team played with his intensity, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A direct quote from me is the point you're trying to make? JK. Sorry I don't praise players for having good games and still going 1-2. It's all about the W's. I said Perry wasn't talented enough but played good d and hustled. Why should I praise Perry? Why is that important to anyone?

 

You dont have to praise him, but there is no reason to put him down after a good game either, and that is what you did with the statement that Perrys best game still is not good enough for a win. That was puttind down Perry, when if you are going to put down anyone for those losses it falls squarly on the shoulders of Crawford and Morris...

I think if Bobby were the role player in a recruiting class, he would have been more successful, in everybody's eyes. However, with this class, he was the stud. He is just not that type of player. He is a very good role player.

 

This sounds very familiar, I think I heard a very wise man say this before...:D

You dont have to praise him, but there is no reason to put him down after a good game either, and that is what you did with the statement that Perrys best game still is not good enough for a win. That was puttind down Perry, when if you are going to put down anyone for those losses it falls squarly on the shoulders of Crawford and Morris...

 

 

You're completley contradicting yourself. Is it a team effort or is it the Morris and Crawford show. Saying that his best effort wasn't good enough is a fact, not a put down. He played well and they lost and why are you so concerned? Are you Bobby Perry? I had no idea you were a Bengal fan BP. Honestly, a little sensitive aren't we?

This sounds very familiar, I think I heard a very wise man say this before...:D

 

 

Me again??????? No I've never said Bobby Perry was "very good" at anything. I'd say he's a solid role player...... nothing more, nothing less. He's average at a lot of things, but doesn't shine in one area.

You're completley contradicting yourself. Is it a team effort or is it the Morris and Crawford show. Saying that his best effort wasn't good enough is a fact, not a put down. He played well and they lost and why are you so concerned? Are you Bobby Perry? I had no idea you were a Bengal fan BP. Honestly, a little sensitive aren't we?

 

How did I contradict my self? I know it is a team effort. My point is that I am not going to say for sure that it was you because I am not positive, but I know I do remember people saying that the reason why Crawford and Morris don't do that great is because they dont have anyone else around them who do anything. So people put down those guys around them like Perry because they didn't do anything good. But now in the last 3 games the situation was reverse, and Perry a role player has been doing his job, but now the "stars" aren't doing there thing. So they are the ones to blame now..Also it is a fact that Morris best game wasn't good enough, and the same for Crawford. Maybe you didn't mean it as a put down when you said, but most people would take that as a put down because that usually is a put down and that is why people have said stuff to you about it. I really have no idea why or what you are trying to argue here, because it is a pretty simple thing to understand...

Me again??????? No I've never said Bobby Perry was "very good" at anything. I'd say he's a solid role player...... nothing more, nothing less. He's average at a lot of things, but doesn't shine in one area.

 

No I was not talking to you at all here, I was talking about slink posted something that I have been saying for awhile now. And that is why I said that sounds very familiar because I have been the one saying it. So calm down, you said that I was being sensitive in your other post, but by the looks of it, it looks like you are the one who is a little sensitive because you get on me on a post that has nothing to do with you...

How did I contradict my self? I know it is a team effort. My point is that I am not going to say for sure that it was you because I am not positive, but I know I do remember people saying that the reason why Crawford and Morris don't do that great is because they dont have anyone else around them who do anything. So people put down those guys around them like Perry because they didn't do anything good. But now in the last 3 games the situation was reverse, and Perry a role player has been doing his job, but now the "stars" aren't doing there thing. So they are the ones to blame now..Also it is a fact that Morris best game wasn't good enough, and the same for Crawford. Maybe you didn't mean it as a put down when you said, but most people would take that as a put down because that usually is a put down and that is why people have said stuff to you about it. I really have no idea why or what you are trying to argue here, because it is a pretty simple thing to understand...

 

 

Maybe to you, but reading this did nothing but confuse me. The team loses, which is why I am saying that Perry doing well is pointless. At the beginning of the year I was excited about Morris playing well and I thought the team had a lot of potential. My knock on "stars" is we didn't recruit enough of them.....we recruited Bobby Perry. He's played well and I've said that......they still lost. Yes a loss is negative. A win would be positive. If Perry had played great and they had won I'd say, "Perry played a great game." Take a post for what it is....... Why translate my words and give them meaning that they don't have. If Perry had 18 in both halfs it would have been a different game, but he didn't. He's not that type of player. He wasn't good enough (along with the TEAM) and they lost.

No I was not talking to you at all here, I was talking about slink posted something that I have been saying for awhile now. And that is why I said that sounds very familiar because I have been the one saying it. So calm down, you said that I was being sensitive in your other post, but by the looks of it, it looks like you are the one who is a little sensitive because you get on me on a post that has nothing to do with you...

 

 

I've said the same about Perry, but my problem is he's not that good. Look at the season, not 3 games. He's a decent role player.... not a VERY GOOD role player. Also, what was I sensitive about?

I've said the same about Perry, but my problem is he's not that good. Look at the season, not 3 games. He's a decent role player.... not a VERY GOOD role player. Also, what was I sensitive about?

 

Well lets see, a post where I wasn't even talking to you, and you say something back saying me again??? That kind of seems a little sensitive to me, but then again maybe I just completely misuderstand you. Because apparenty you saying Perrys best still wasn't good enough wasn't a knock on him. Even though when most people say stuff like that they are saying it as a knock on a player..And also its really not that hard to understand, once again in your other post you brought up how we didn't have enough stars around Morris earlier in the year to win those game. However even if Perry is not a star which I admit he is not, 20 points in a game is still the same kind of point total a star player would put up. So Morris and Crawford had a player who has put up numbers as a star player, yet we are still not winning and its because the actual star players on the team have done nothing now. Yeah I know it takes a team effort, and I know that you know that too. That is why I dont get why you are arguing about this, because its pretty simple early in the year Morris didn't have no one else who could score around him, and we blamed those other people Perry, and we didn't say well Morris's best wasn't good enough for a win. And now in these games we have a guy who is a role player who is putting up 20 points, and on most teams if a role player puts up 20 you should win because they stars should be doing their part still. But the stars have not done their part, so they are the ones who should get blamed. Its really not that hard to understand....

Well lets see, a post where I wasn't even talking to you, and you say something back saying me again??? That kind of seems a little sensitive to me, but then again maybe I just completely misuderstand you. Because apparenty you saying Perrys best still wasn't good enough wasn't a knock on him. Even though when most people say stuff like that they are saying it as a knock on a player..And also its really not that hard to understand, once again in your other post you brought up how we didn't have enough stars around Morris earlier in the year to win those game. However even if Perry is not a star which I admit he is not, 20 points in a game is still the same kind of point total a star player would put up. So Morris and Crawford had a player who has put up numbers as a star player, yet we are still not winning and its because the actual star players on the team have done nothing now. Yeah I know it takes a team effort, and I know that you know that too. That is why I dont get why you are arguing about this, because its pretty simple early in the year Morris didn't have no one else who could score around him, and we blamed those other people Perry, and we didn't say well Morris's best wasn't good enough for a win. And now in these games we have a guy who is a role player who is putting up 20 points, and on most teams if a role player puts up 20 you should win because they stars should be doing their part still. But the stars have not done their part, so they are the ones who should get blamed. Its really not that hard to understand....

 

About saying Perry is a role player and nothing more. I've said it. That's what that was refering to. That's what your post was about, that's what I was refering to........

 

I blame the man that assembled the team. The man that has 2 McDonald's All Americans to turn to. That is well known. I don't blame Perry, but I don't think he should be a starter at KY. I don't blame Morris for being the sole post threat starting, or off the bench.

About saying Perry is a role player and nothing more. I've said it. That's what that was refering to. That's what your post was about, that's what I was refering to........

 

I blame the man that assembled the team. The man that has 2 McDonald's All Americans to turn to. That is well known. I don't blame Perry, but I don't think he should be a starter at KY. I don't blame Morris for being the sole post threat starting, or off the bench.

 

And thats fine, and for the most part I agree completely with that. Perry shouldn't be a starter here at UK, he should be like a 7th or 8th guy off the bench who could come in for maybe 10 or 15 minutes a game at the most to give the starters rest. But we dont have those players so we have to start him, because he is are best option for that spot right now. It just all goes back to that first post where you said Perry's best still wasn't good enough, because when people say something like that it is putting down a player, and I saw no reason to put him down after a game like that from him. However you have said that is not what you meant by it, and so thats fine then but we just took it in the way it usually means when someone says something like that...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.