Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 38 Covington Catholic 20

The Biggest Ky Rivalry 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you with?

    • Highlands
      73%
    • Covington Catholic
      26%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Birds Fly South said:

That sums up the state of CovCath if a 2A School is now their rival but makes sense.

St. Henry will be next for the Colonels.

I hear what you're saying...but it's not about school size of football classification. It's about the fact that Beechwood is literally 2-1/2 miles from Cov Cath, and because when they play Beechwood, some of the kids are playing against other kids who they grew up with, went to grade school with, and live on the same street by. St. Thomas High School wasn't ever really a consistent threat in sports for Highlands back in the day, but you can talk to anybody who was at Highlands back before St. Thomas closed, the Tomcats were absolutely a major rival. New Cath is kind of the same but different - especially given the fact that Highlands and New Cath haven't played football against one another in about a quarter-century.

I grew up in Fort Mitchell. For me, Highlands was my 1A rival, but Beechwood was my 1B rival. I'm extremely close with several Highlands grads...godfather to two of their children. The razzing I got from them tonight is annoying, but the razzing I got two weeks ago from my groomsmen who graduated from Beechwood....that was head an shoulders more annoying - and that's from someone who still considers Highlands as Cov Cath's #1 rival. I don't expect Highlands fans to get it, and I don't really think many Highlands fans are all that capable of getting it, honestly.

  • Replies 259
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jack of all Trades
    Jack of all Trades

    Kind of curious about this post. Why does Lorenzen become the difference if wet? How about putting Kremer and Lorenzen in the backfield together with Armstrong and take your chances. Any of the 3 a

  • Prayers to the Colonel players tonight, I'm hearing a Senior starter lost his Father unexpectedly last night. Heavy stuff for those boys.

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    It's ASU swim vs Texas Tech. 6pm Arizona time. There's a long story about active students not being able to do ESPN+ that I won't get into in a Highlands/Cov Cath thread. I believe I am one of (if n

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I can only tell ya what is going down in the building and talking with anyone graduating in the last 2-4 years.....did not say I agree with it.....I come from an era when Lloyd was a Huge rivalry. Still have an infamous "Beat Lloyd' t-shirt made the Art Class decades ago somewhere. Things change I guess🤷‍♂️

Interesting. Crazy! My mind is blown. Highlands to me, is like the Yankees are to the Red Sox- or like the Steelers are to the Bengals- a bitter and forever rival! These kids need to watch the Mud Bowl their first day of classes their Freshman year.

Interested in how tomorrow's JV game plays out in regards to the trajectory of the rivalry. Freshman Birds put a running clock on the Colonels earlier in the year. If the JV Birds can win, that will be a dominant sweep across all three levels.

7 minutes ago, BlueBloodedColonel said:

I think coming out flat is what surprises me the most. They just don't look ready to strap it up and play. These are high school kids and I'm not bashing them or anyone.

As a generality though, they are not ready to play. I agree with you guys and your assessments.

I understand and my heart goes out for the Colonel whose father passed away. I cannot imagine what he and his family are going through. Prayers up. I know that can affect some psyche, obviously.

From an X and O standpoint, I've been scratching my head. The offense tonight was anemic. Highlands shut down the run game from Miller. Early in the game when it was 4th and 1- you have to convert that.

I think what surprised me was the game plan on D versus the QB, Armstrong. Early in the game when it was 4th and a mile, everyone in the stadium new what was going to happen- a QB scramble. The kid is a beast and is still so young- but you have to stop that from converting to a new set of downs.

Speaking of young, CCH is young, a very small senior class is on the team, but it pains me to see some of the things happening out there. I am not sure what to think of the game next week in Indy.

I really like Eddie. It's hard to run when you have 6 blockers and 8 defenders in the box.

The thing I'm most disappointed in is the lack of man beaters and cover zero alerts for his QB. It just has to be better from the coach.

44 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I hear what you're saying...but it's not about school size of football classification. It's about the fact that Beechwood is literally 2-1/2 miles from Cov Cath, and because when they play Beechwood, some of the kids are playing against other kids who they grew up with, went to grade school with, and live on the same street by. St. Thomas High School wasn't ever really a consistent threat in sports for Highlands back in the day, but you can talk to anybody who was at Highlands back before St. Thomas closed, the Tomcats were absolutely a major rival. New Cath is kind of the same but different - especially given the fact that Highlands and New Cath haven't played football against one another in about a quarter-century.

I grew up in Fort Mitchell. For me, Highlands was my 1A rival, but Beechwood was my 1B rival. I'm extremely close with several Highlands grads...godfather to two of their children. The razzing I got from them tonight is annoying, but the razzing I got two weeks ago from my groomsmen who graduated from Beechwood....that was head an shoulders more annoying - and that's from someone who still considers Highlands as Cov Cath's #1 rival. I don't expect Highlands fans to get it, and I don't really think many Highlands fans are all that capable of getting it, honestly.

Point taken.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.