Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 5A Predictions

Featured Replies

Class 5A
District 1- Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
District 2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood, Warren Central
District 3- Atherton, Butler, Iroquois, Seneca
District 4- Bullitt Central, Fairdale, Jeffersontown, Moore, North Bullitt
District 5- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Scott
District 6- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
District 7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
District 8- North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

 

How do each of these Districts finish in 2026? Let's see if you are correct at the end of the 2026 regular season. 

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tkinslow
    Tkinslow

    The only differences I would make is Barren the two and Greenwood the three. Woodford the one and Scott Co the two. South Laurel the three and Southwestern the four but overall I think your

  • zoneblitz24
    zoneblitz24

    I would put Graves at the #2 spot as well.  Graves is returning almost their entire team this season and Madisonville and Apollo both have to come to them.  Graves was really young last season and the

  • theguru
    theguru

    Not only that but Oboro should win 5A, correct?

1: Owensboro, Apollo, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Graves County, Muhlenburg County, Marshall County

2: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Barren County, Warren Central, Grayson County

3: Atherton, Butler, Seneca, Iroquois

4: Fairdale, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, Jeffersontown, Moore

5: Cooper, Dixie Heights, Conner, Scott, Boone County

6: Scott County, Woodford County, Collins, South Oldham, Anderson County

7: West Jessamine, Montgomery County, Madison Southern, East Jessamine

8: Pulaski County, North Laurel, Southwestern, South Laurel

25 minutes ago, DearToday said:

1: Owensboro, Apollo, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Graves County, Muhlenburg County, Marshall County

2: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Barren County, Warren Central, Grayson County

3: Atherton, Butler, Seneca, Iroquois

4: Fairdale, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, Jeffersontown, Moore

5: Cooper, Dixie Heights, Conner, Scott, Boone County

6: Scott County, Woodford County, Collins, South Oldham, Anderson County

7: West Jessamine, Montgomery County, Madison Southern, East Jessamine

8: Pulaski County, North Laurel, Southwestern, South Laurel

The only differences I would make is Barren the two and Greenwood the three.

Woodford the one and Scott Co the two.

South Laurel the three and Southwestern the four but overall I think your picks look pretty good and wouldn’t be surprised if you were right on the money.

33 minutes ago, DearToday said:

1: Owensboro, Apollo, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Graves County, Muhlenburg County, Marshall County

2: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Barren County, Warren Central, Grayson County

3: Atherton, Butler, Seneca, Iroquois

4: Fairdale, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, Jeffersontown, Moore

5: Cooper, Dixie Heights, Conner, Scott, Boone County

6: Scott County, Woodford County, Collins, South Oldham, Anderson County

7: West Jessamine, Montgomery County, Madison Southern, East Jessamine

8: Pulaski County, North Laurel, Southwestern, South Laurel

I think this is pretty solid.  I believe the #2 spot in D1 is completely up for grabs.  Madisonville and Apollo both have to come to Graves this season which Graves is a very tough team at home.

  • Author
2 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I think this is pretty solid.  I believe the #2 spot in D1 is completely up for grabs.  Madisonville and Apollo both have to come to Graves this season which Graves is a very tough team at home.

Yes I think we will win D1. If we had to play you guys at Graves instead of Rash I would say the game would be a lot closer like it was last year. 

2 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

The only differences I would make is Barren the two and Greenwood the three.

How good is Barren going to be this year? Greenwood will be pretty darn solid defensively so reading this surprised me some. 

7 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Class 5A
District 1- Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
District 2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood, Warren Central
District 3- Atherton, Butler, Iroquois, Seneca
District 4- Bullitt Central, Fairdale, Jeffersontown, Moore, North Bullitt
District 5- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Scott
District 6- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
District 7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
District 8- North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

 

How do each of these Districts finish in 2026? Let's see if you are correct at the end of the 2026 regular season. 

D7 I think will be East, Moco, West, Madison Southern

D8 I think is pretty good but I would possibly flip North and Pulaski if I knew more about what North returns.

3 hours ago, BillNye said:

How good is Barren going to be this year? Greenwood will be pretty darn solid defensively so reading this surprised me some. 

I’m just going off last year Barren gave Greenwood all they could handle and really should’ve won and have a lot of players back including a second year quarterback which is always good so I think Barren will be better than the 5-6 record they put up last year but really I wouldn’t be surprised either way. The better question is can anyone beat BG they were as bad as they’ve been in years last year and still won the district.

3 hours ago, Old606Guy said:

D7 I think will be East, Moco, West, Madison Southern

D8 I think is pretty good but I would possibly flip North and Pulaski if I knew more about what North returns.

Lol North doesn't near have enough returning to keep Pualski from putting a running clock on them again.

2 hours ago, crk1980 said:

Lol North doesn't near have enough returning to keep Pualski from putting a running clock on them again.

I think Pulaski bulldozes that district. You have to allow for the possibility that Southwestern again puts up a fight in a rivalry game, but the Maroons look like the runaway favorite in D8.

  • Author
19 hours ago, BillNye said:

How good is Barren going to be this year? Greenwood will be pretty darn solid defensively so reading this surprised me some. 

Our 2nd round game vs. Greenwood. I think Greenwood can run their Wing T stuff pretty good but It's hard when you go against someone that is just fast. I don't know how else to describe it then that. Not sure about Barren Co, but the Apollo fans believe they were solid last year. Johnson was taken out of the game in the 2nd quarter and JT Edge came in to win the game for them. I believe the score was 21-7. If you want a Apollo perspective ask @ApolloFan98 or @jester270 they could give you more insight. I'm just basing Greenwood off of our game and that might not be fair but that's what I saw. They have good talent but I just don't see them beating the big time teams. If I remember correctly BG had to win on a last minute TD, right @Purple88? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

On 5/14/2026 at 10:46 AM, DearToday said:

1: Owensboro, Apollo, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Graves County, Muhlenburg County, Marshall County

2: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Barren County, Warren Central, Grayson County

3: Atherton, Butler, Seneca, Iroquois

4: Fairdale, North Bullitt, Bullitt Central, Jeffersontown, Moore

5: Cooper, Dixie Heights, Conner, Scott, Boone County

6: Scott County, Woodford County, Collins, South Oldham, Anderson County

7: West Jessamine, Montgomery County, Madison Southern, East Jessamine

8: Pulaski County, North Laurel, Southwestern, South Laurel

I think Bullitt Central wins their district this year. They have a good group of kids back. 

1 Owensboro then Graves

2 BG Then Greenwood

3 atherton

4 Fairdale

5 no idea

6 Wofo the Scott

7 no idea

8 Pulaski

 

Top teams in no certain order: Owensboro, BG, Wofo Scott County, Atherton, Pulaski, 

I think the NKY district is the most wide open as it has been in a really long time. Cooper has owned the district the last few years - but I can make an argument for Cooper, Conner, or Dixie Heights winning that district this season. I also understand that you have to give the nod to Cooper until someone knocks them off!

20 hours ago, Brown said:

1 Owensboro then Graves

2 BG Then Greenwood

3 atherton

4 Fairdale

5 no idea

6 Wofo the Scott

7 no idea

8 Pulaski

 

Top teams in no certain order: Owensboro, BG, Wofo Scott County, Atherton, Pulaski, 

What is your rationale behind Graves being #2? 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.