Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd best sitcom of all time?

Featured Replies

I think we can all agree the "The Andy Griffith Show" is the best sitcom of all time, but what is #2?

Possibilities

Seinfend

Friends

Cheers

Mash

Frasier

Modern Family

Arrested Development

 

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The only issue I have with shows like: Home Improvement King of Queens Everybody Loves Raymond, even the Honeymooners is the lead role is played by a guy who out kicked his coverage, messes

  • Vigamvintavinvetsmean

  • AC Slater
    AC Slater

    I'll take a stab at this. My top 10 are:  1. Seinfeld  2. Friends  3. Two and a Half Men  4. MASH 5. Home Improvement  6. The Office  7. Everybody Loves Raymond 

Posted Images

All in the Family (I'd argue it is better than Andy Griffith)

Taxi

Honeymooners

Sanford and Son

Night Court

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I think we can all agree the "The Andy Griffith Show" is the best sitcom of all time, but what is #2?

Possibilities

Seinfend

Friends

Cheers

Mash

Frasier

Modern Family

Arrested Development

 

I was never a fan of Andy Griffith. It was way before my time, but I had the opportunity to watch it while growing in syndication. I always preferred I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes, Gomer Pyle reruns. But as far as the best/2nd best, I'd say Cheers and Friends, with Everybody Loves Raymond in the mix. Nothing wrong with the others, but as a child of the 70's and 80's those were what was in my wheelhouse. 

I can't forget to mention Sandford and Son...I still get big laughs out of that show.

Andy Griffith, if that is considered a comedy.  I still watch reruns.

On 12/18/2025 at 5:25 PM, BEChargers said:

I think we can all agree the "The Andy Griffith Show" is the best sitcom of all time

We can? ?

Really hard to say the best with all the great choices. For me, Seinfeld is #1. All in the Family is probably the most impactful sitcom of all time. It changed the genre.

From a success ranking, The Simpsons is #1 and that is just a fact. 

I am going to rank these by a re-watchability measuring stick. These are ones that I would enjoy watching all over again today. Here are my top 5:

1. Seinfeld

2. Andy Griffith

3. The Office

4. Everybody Loves Raymond

5. Frasier / Cheers (lean Frasier but too close to choose)

Other great sitcoms not mentioned yet:

I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, The Brady Bunch, Big Bang Theory (not for me but very popular), Parks and Recreation (very underrated, great show), 30 Rock ...

 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is a link to a Rotten Tomatoes survey of the 200 best comedy shows of all time:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-comedy-shows-of-all-time/4/

1. Seinfeld

2. I Love Lucy

3. The Simpsons

4. Cheers

5. MASH

6. The Office

7. TAXI

8. Friends

9. The Office

10. VEEP

To clarify, The Office at #9 is the British version.

If Barney Fife is greatest character of all time, who is #2?

Sgt. Schultz?

Kramer?

Coach (Cheers) ?

Kramer for his physical comedy. 

The only issue I have with shows like: Home Improvement

King of Queens

Everybody Loves Raymond, even the Honeymooners is the lead role is played by a guy who out kicked his coverage, messes up every episode and has to apologize to his wife. 
 

Archie might have apologized to Edith once, but that wasn’t an issue in Seinfeld.

I think I Love Lucy could be second.

Vigamvintavinvetsmean

I would not personally put Andy Griffith in my top 5. I watched it all of the time growing up, but it never did anything for me. I also wasn't big into Sitcoms until my 20's I'd say.

 

1. Friends

2. Seinfeld

3. The Office

4. How I Met Your Mother

5. Frasier

I would also say that 1-5 are interchangeable for me. 

On 12/18/2025 at 8:25 PM, rjs4470 said:

I can't forget to mention Sandford and Son...I still get big laughs out of that show.

"You big dummy!!"

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.