TENN 70 LSU 67

The Breeze

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final. Lofton has a poor night for the Vols but they still pick up the win.

Not sure you can say he had a poor night IMO, he makes the team better just beng on the court. Situation in the 2nd half where UT is up 2 points and insert Lofton who nails a 3 and then shoots a pass to Jordan Howell for a 3 and all of the sudden the lead balloons to 11 in a matter or a minute. Sure he was rusty and only had 8 points, and his footwork is not all the way back but I wouldn't call it a poor night.

Did anyone notice that Lofton was wearing what looked like tights or really long black socks? Wonder if that was something for extra support or increased circulation to speed healing?

I tuned in late so if they explained that forgive me.

It was some kind of ankle thing like a brace of something. He just had it on both legs to match.

They would've still beat LSU without Lofton.

It was obvious Lofton isn't ready yet. I don't think it's very smart playing him right now. He could do some serious damage to that ankle.

I agree!!

Lofton looked as if he was very uncomfortable. Playing him now is taking a huge risk with tourney time right around the corner.

I agree!!

Lofton looked as if he was very uncomfortable. Playing him now is taking a huge risk with tourney time right around the corner.

I said in an earlier thread on LSU going to the tourney that they would be in. I now have to retract that. LSU plays with no emotion, no game plan (it seems), almost seems as if there may be some internal problems with the Tigers. They certainly are not all on the same page right now.

As for Lofton, I agree that he did look very uncomfotable out there. This was his first game back and he tired very quick it seemed. I know that the plan was to limit his minutes but I also wonder if the ankle is ready. He was playing (to me anyway) like he was afraid that he was going to re injure the ankle and did not look confident on it.

I said in an earlier thread on LSU going to the tourney that they would be in. I now have to retract that. LSU plays with no emotion, no game plan (it seems), almost seems as if there may be some internal problems with the Tigers. They certainly are not all on the same page right now.

As for Lofton, I agree that he did look very uncomfotable out there. This was his first game back and he tired very quick it seemed. I know that the plan was to limit his minutes but I also wonder if the ankle is ready. He was playing (to me anyway) like he was afraid that he was going to re injure the ankle and did not look confident on it.

An ankle sprain is sometimes very hard to overcome. I like the fact they only played him a few minutes but he still looked as if he came back to early. Huge risk for a big time player like Lofton. I admire his effort, this kid has the heart of a champion.

I also agree with your comments on LSU They seem to be playing without a cause.

This thread seems to be missing all of the LSU fans from the other threads? I don't think Davis looks that good at all. He hovers around the 3-point line and then tries to do to much and turns it over. I'm beginning to think that their guard from last season and Thomas were the superstars. What was that guard's name? It is slipping me.

This thread seems to be missing all of the LSU fans from the other threads? I don't think Davis looks that good at all. He hovers around the 3-point line and then tries to do to much and turns it over. I'm beginning to think that their guard from last season and Thomas were the superstars. What was that guard's name? It is slipping me.

Darrell Mitchell was the PG. He was definetly the stabilizing force of the team last season despite never really playing PG. Tack Minor has been a train wreck since his arrival on campus.