Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toughest Kid???

Featured Replies

:thumb:

Aside from the double teams, this kid has dealt with more off-court obstacles with his teammates through the past three years than anyone that I can think of, yet he always manages to perform. He seems to do it without whining or complaining as well, whatever college gets him is getting a special player.

 

I agree 100%

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Hester is one tough hombre. That kid sacrifices his body more than anyone I know. Its amazing he isn't injured more than he is. Heck he played half the year with a broken foot.

  • Author
Austin Hill is a beast.

 

There are several kids who qualify for "beast" category (Hopson, Mackey, OJ Mayo, etc.). What I wanted to know in this thread is who dives for loose balls, takes charges, plays intense defense, would run through a brick wall to win a game...

 

I've not seen Hill so I'm not saying that he doesn't - just clarifying the purpose of the thread:thumb: YODA

Syd Finch from the David School.

You are right about this one , he is tough. Didn't his grandfather play baseball really well?

There are several kids who qualify for "beast" category (Hopson, Mackey, OJ Mayo, etc.). What I wanted to know in this thread is who dives for loose balls, takes charges, plays intense defense, would run through a brick wall to win a game...

I've not seen Hill so I'm not saying that he doesn't - just clarifying the purpose of the thread:thumb: YODA

You would love to see Matt Lloyd play from BBHS then. That is his type of play and he is great at it.

I have to give props to Ashland's Ryan Bonner... Only a Sophomore, but he'll be a force this year and the next 2 years:fight:

Ashland's Robbie Wilcox. He has recovered from a broken back to have a great senior season!

 

I like Robbie too.... But I think he knows that:ylsuper:

Frank Daugherty from Walton only 6'3 and has to guard the big man in every game and plays some of the best post defense I have seen in a couple of years.

Frank is a warrior!!

Cody Perkins Gallatin County. This Kid is a joy to watch. He doesn't get near the attention that Edmonson gets, but in my book he makes this team click. I wish he had another year of eligibility. He's only 17.....
:ylsuper: I agree!!! Perkins deserves much more attention than he is getting right now. He should have been All A Team in my opinion. Nice Post.

Also, Brown and Henson very hard workers, Brown came back from a serious foot injury last year and Henson with an bad ankle sprain from football and small rotator tear in shoulder from Carroll County game. Tough Kids that will play in pain to win. Both these kids work very hard on defense, Brown always gaurding the quickest and Henson at only 6'3" working hard in the paint defending the big guys! Let's not forget T.Jones, I don't think I can take seeing him get hit in the face again:fight:

His team is not doing as well as I thought they would this year, but I would still say Drew Davidson from Jackson City is one of the toughest players I've seen. I don't know how much he weighs but it can't be that much and he's only 5'10 yet he challenges anybody when he takes it to the goal.

Kiernan - NewCath, not to many kids in the state can match his size, strength, toughness and quickness

Robbie Wilcox, PERIOD. PLAYED with a broken back the last two months of his Soph. season

:ylsuper: I agree!!! Perkins deserves much more attention than he is getting right now. He should have been All A Team in my opinion. Nice Post.

Also, Brown and Henson very hard workers, Brown came back from a serious foot injury last year and Henson with an bad ankle sprain from football and small rotator tear in shoulder from Carroll County game. Tough Kids that will play in pain to win. Both these kids work very hard on defense, Brown always gaurding the quickest and Henson at only 6'3" working hard in the paint defending the big guys! Let's not forget T.Jones, I don't think I can take seeing him get hit in the face again:fight:

Take the tough off of Gallatins team and they are a 500 club, Perkins treated a sprained ankle he received in the finals of the all A regional vs Owen every day leading up to the state. Jones, in AZ came into the game late with both nostrils packed. Elbow! Every winning team has these type of kids.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.