Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tournament Draw

Featured Replies

I think I would take the 12th Region over the 5th. Central Hardin beat Southwestern by 14... but Southwestern is about the 8th best team in the 12th.

I'll take the 5th. Central Hardin can probably beat most anybody in the 12th by double digits.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt the 13th region the region everyone was saying the toughest in the state this year???

 

If thats the case I feel sorry for whoever comes out of the 6th from Louisville.

 

Where on earth did you get that??

What a draw for the 4th. Get your hotel rooms now!

What a draw for the 4th. Get your hotel rooms now!

 

If the 4th Region winner (presumably Warren Central) wins their opener, they could face Shelby Valley in the second round. I'm not saying they would lose, but remember Warren Central just beat Shelby Valley by three points (63-60) last weekend.

I'll take the 5th. Central Hardin can probably beat most anybody in the 12th by double digits.

 

I know you can't compare scores with other scores, but Central Hardin beat Cambellsville by 7, but McCreary Central beat them by 25.

 

I would take a healthy Lincoln, McCreary, West Jessamine, Boyle, or East Jessamine over Central Hardin... I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

That is one of the best draws I have seen for the 16th region:thumb:

 

Elliott County is very pleased with this draw!

I know you can't compare scores with other scores, but Central Hardin beat Cambellsville by 7, but McCreary Central beat them by 25.

 

I would take a healthy Lincoln, McCreary, West Jessamine, Boyle, or East Jessamine over Central Hardin... I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

 

I think the 12th representative could play with the 5th region, but I would probably pick Central Hardin or Elizabethtown over the best from the 12th. Should be a good game, though.

Warren Central is jumping with joy.

I wouldn't get too overly excited about drawing the 14th. Hazard is probably the favorite to make it to Rupp....Hazard beat Shelby Valley in the WYMT....Warren Central, probably the favorite in the 4th, didn't exactly thrash Shelby Valley when they played them earlier in the season. The 14th could have gotten much worse draws than the 4th, such as the 6th, 7th, 11th, 10th. Hazard will not be an easy win, mark my word.

If the 4th Region winner (presumably Warren Central) wins their opener, they could face Shelby Valley in the second round. I'm not saying they would lose, but remember Warren Central just beat Shelby Valley by three points (63-60) last weekend.

 

Keep in mind that Warren Central had just played their biggest rival the night before (I'm aware that SV played the night before too, but not against their biggest rival), and that Rupp is like a home game to the Dragons by this point.

 

There is a HUGE difference in playing in front of about 50 people (MAYBE), and playing in front of thousands. Plus it's a bigger court, which favors Central's style, etc., etc., etc. I'm willing to doubt SV would play them that close again.

I wouldn't get too overly excited about drawing the 14th. Hazard is probably the favorite to make it to Rupp....Hazard beat Shelby Valley in the WYMT....Warren Central, probably the favorite in the 4th, didn't exactly thrash Shelby Valley when they played them earlier in the season. The 14th could have gotten much worse draws than the 4th, such as the 6th, 7th, 11th, 10th. Hazard will not be an easy win, mark my word.

 

Again, as I just said to gchs, Rupp is a whole different atmosphere than North Hardin. Hazard will not have the benefit of playing WC the day after a previous game (as Shelby Valley did). Hazard will not have the benefit of playing WC with a week's rest (as Hazard did against Shelby Valley). While Hazard does have experience from last year, they do not have the experience of seven seniors who would be making a fourth appearance in the Sweet 16, three or four of which have seen significant time in three of those, and two of whom saw good time in all four.

 

This is all assuming that Central even makes it, but I think if they do, they'd be favored by double digits in any game they play until the semifinals. You cannot underestimate the effect it has that WC has this much experience at Rupp.

Elliott County is very pleased with this draw!

Elliot County is great fans of the 16th, I'm sure they will be there to root on the 16th region representative:thumb:

Where on earth did you get that??

 

I got the 11th and 13th mixed up. Sorry for that.

Elliot County is great fans of the 16th, I'm sure they will be there to root on the 16th region representative:thumb:

 

Most fans do root for their own teams!

I agee 4th region has the best draw and could make it to Saturday morning.

The top bracket is loaded! With the likes of E-Town, Simon Kenton, Scott Co., South Laurel, Holmes or Cov. Cath., Louisville Schools (Doss, Fairdale, PRP). Every one in the lower bracket should be giddy. Plus who ever comes out of the ninth better get ready if Graves Co. wins the first because Hatcher will slowwww! the ball down. Game will probably end up in the upper thirty point to lower forty point range.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.