Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tournament Draw

Featured Replies

What kind of team does Christian Co. have?? Thats who Mason would possibly play in the 1st round. Could be interesting, I agree that Ballard-MC matchup does look pretty tempting.

I'm not for sure, I dont have great knowledge on that part of the state.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN the 10th the favorites are Mason Co and GRC and Bishoop Brossart could win also...depends on the regional draw.

I would be willing to bet the bank that GRC and Bishop Brossart draw on the same side of the region and a certain team playing in its own backyard gets the easiest road to the finals. Just like last year when GRC and Pendelton were on the same side of the bracket.

Always---have you ever been to the 10th region tournament draw?

 

What an absolutely silly comment.

 

I am sure it won't be forthcoming but you owe everyone in the 10th Region (not just Mason County fans) an apology.

  • Author

I have absolutely heard everything now.

 

Next thing we now Mason County will be spiking the water that is supplied to other teams.

 

:rolleyes:

If the 4th Region winner (presumably Warren Central) wins their opener, they could face Shelby Valley in the second round. I'm not saying they would lose, but remember Warren Central just beat Shelby Valley by three points (63-60) last weekend.

Shelby Valley will not make the state tournament my Paintsville Tigers will win the region and get a first round matchup with Elliott Co. in Rupp. Then they would play Warren Central.

I have absolutely heard everything now.

 

Next thing we now Mason County will be spiking the water that is supplied to other teams.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Do they really....:D Just Kidding...:lol:

Christian County is very athletic and I think they would give Mason County problems.They play a relentless style of defense and use about 12 athletes.I've seen both teams play this year. Christian County has to make it out of the district though they play University Heights in the first game of the tournament.

Looks like a "drive by" comment by "Allwayslate88" and a huge shot at Mason County---followed by silence. Classy (not!)

  • Author
Looks like a "drive by" comment by "Allwayslate88" and a huge shot at Mason County---followed by silence. Classy (not!)

 

That silence speaks for it's self. :p

I would be willing to bet the bank that GRC and Bishop Brossart draw on the same side of the region and a certain team playing in its own backyard gets the easiest road to the finals. Just like last year when GRC and Pendelton were on the same side of the bracket.

Now this is silly,Maybe we can invite you to the draw this year so you can see how it works.:sleep: :lol:

I would be willing to bet the bank that GRC and Bishop Brossart draw on the same side of the region and a certain team playing in its own backyard gets the easiest road to the finals. Just like last year when GRC and Pendelton were on the same side of the bracket.

But i sure hope you are right on how the draw comes out.

In my unprofessional opinion, Scott may be almost as tough to beat come tourney time as Brossart. I wouldn't want to be the district winner that draws the 37th runner-up in the first round.

In my unprofessional opinion, Scott may be almost as tough to beat come tourney time as Brossart. I wouldn't want to be the district winner that draws the 37th runner-up in the first round.

 

:thumb: As I recall they almost pulled an upset last year??

:thumb: As I recall they almost pulled an upset last year??

 

Scott was a strange team last year. New to the 10th Region, they played a lot of 9th region teams during the regular season. Won 9 straight early in the year, then lost 8 straight, then probably played their best ball at tournament time. Beat Campbell County by 2 in the 37th, lost by 2 to Brossart in the district final, then lost by 2 to Clark County in the first round of the regional tournament. Again, I wouldn't want to face Brossart or Scott in the first round of the regional tournament - assuming they're the two teams from the 37th that make it. Doesn't always work out that way; as the occasional Bracken County poster will remind everyone.

 

Maybe we need to start a new thread on the 10th region tourney - and I'm of course interested to hear more details as to just how Mason County - the team that for some reason an awful lot of folks love to hate - rigs the draw.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.