Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates

Who Wins? 133 members have voted

  1. 1. Who survives and advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/29/2024 at 11:46 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
23 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Frank you have a flair for the dramatic....but if your Birds win it's not quite as surprising as the Miracle on Ice lol. I mean your team has won what, 23 titles maybe?

I stand by my dramatic flair.....  The Birds 23 titles becomes an irrelevant argument to keep them from being considered the "Underdog" when the last one was back in 2014, so you can't really use the Trophy Case argument to negate my "Underdog" approach to this game. 

Using your logic I guess if UCLA ever would make it to the Final Four in NCAA basketball they would "never no matter what" be considered the "Underdog" due to the fact they have 11 NCAA Championship trophies.

let's GO BIRDS!  Us against the World...

Ric Flair GIFs | Tenor

  • Replies 171
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    No they won't BUT I WILL!!! Just like Hulk took down Andre the Giant in the biggest WWF upset, David vs Goliath match!

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Both teams have scored 351 points since the first meeting.  What does that tell us? I just thought it was a cool little tidbit, further illustrating how close these teams are. FWI

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    I think that @FrankNicodemus has had that write up ready for 371 days haha! I plan on being there on bluebirdsradio.com …. Waiting on official confirmation before I put a post out Personally

Posted Images

On 11/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, BillNye said:

Highlands is still Highlands, the whole "nobody believes we can do it" mantra just doesn't resonate here. I'm taking Cooper in the poll but there isn't any world where I would be shocked to see a Bluebird W. 

Same, I am riding with the Jags but a Highlands win would not surprise me at all.

I am very excited to watch this game!

Litmer got off to a poor start this season, but he's been every bit as good as O'Hara since they met on September 28th. Litmer's ascent began that night.

Great quarterback play is a common thread between the four semifinalists in 5A.

But as great as Litmer has looked lately, I have to side with O'Hara and the Jags. The first go-round with Highlands was his worst performance of the season. I don't think it happens again. I also feel that Alexander is due to go off on somebody. His senior year has underwhelmed compared to last season. I look for him to be a force.

Should be a great environment and hopefully a battle for the ages. 

I remember ever single Championship and would love to add another to my resume this year! It was good the years in Louisville and all the ones in Bowling Green but there is a magical feel going to the home field of Kentucky in Lexington.   Go Birds!

I think the Bird’s win if they don’t turn the ball over and they don’t have any unsportsmanlike penalties! Rio is playing like seasoned veteran these last few weeks. 

Was looking at the weather forecast and was just curious on which team, or neither, the weather benefits tomorrow night. 

Cold and breezy with no rain. Does it hurt or help either team, in your opinion, and why?

20 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I stand by my dramatic flair.....  The Birds 23 titles becomes an irrelevant argument to keep them from being considered the "Underdog" when the last one was back in 2014, so you can't really use the Trophy Case argument to negate my "Underdog" approach to this game. 

Using your logic I guess if UCLA ever would make it to the Final Four in NCAA basketball they would "never no matter what" be considered the "Underdog" due to the fact they have 11 NCAA Championship trophies.

let's GO BIRDS!  Us against the World...

Ric Flair GIFs | Tenor

It has been a great year for the BIRDS. Really happy for this team and what they have accomplished. I just hope they keep it close. The Jags are really loaded!

 

  • Author

Taking a day off on the upset videos, instead covering keys to success for tomorrow for the Birds.  There have been a few posts about the team who plays a clean game without mistakes will win the game, in honor of Thanksgiving here’s probably one of the biggest football blunders of all time. 
 

Let’s GO BIRDS!! Don’t be a Leon Lett….

Happy Thanksgiving and Game Day Eve!!!

 

1 hour ago, AvidSportsJunkie856 said:

Was looking at the weather forecast and was just curious on which team, or neither, the weather benefits tomorrow night. 

Cold and breezy with no rain. Does it hurt or help either team, in your opinion, and why?

The weather will probably have a slight, equal negative effect on both teams. We might find out which defense is tougher though. 

  • Author

Today is the day!  It's GAME DAY BABY!!!  Who is excited for tonight, I might be!  To wrap up this week I had Super Bowl XLII in mind the whole time to put a cherry on top of the Upset Theme for the week.  This game holds so many great memories for the Highlands faithful.  The similarities and bonds that this game and tonight have are so crazy it gives me goose bumps once again just talking about them.  So let's go thru the stuff:

*New England Patriots came into this game the heavily favorite being Undefeated trying to accomplish a feet that only the 1972 Miami Dolphins had done before in NFL History....(Cooper is undefeated)

*New England Patriots BEAT New York Giants by 3 points in the regular season (Cooper beat Highlands by 3 points in the regular season)

*Now get this the New York Giants had one of Highlands favorite sons Jared Lorenzen as a key player on the roster IYKYK (hint: Helmet catch scramble by Eli) (Tonight's game will have Jared's son Tayden potentially as a key contributor in this game for the Highlands Bluebirds)

 

Unfortunately the NFL restricts posting "their" videos from Youtube so I had to go with this little short video that passed thru the gate.

As we get ready for this very cold (predicted 28 degrees) battle this evening bundle up and stay warm, I am hoping for a fun well fought battle...At the end of the day the Bluebird faithful,

Believe GIFs | Tenor

I am so glad it seems everyone is healthy and we will have a fun showdown to watch on the field.

Can't wait for game time!

LET'S GO BIRDS!!!

WHY NOT US!!

 

This is a great game!  I got to witness the first one and it was really close.

Both teams are worthy and the cold weather will likely produce a few turnovers you wouldn't normally see and they could go along way in who wins.  

I'll be keeping tabs on this one from down in Bowling Green!

Good luck to both teams!

  • Author

Current (game time) forecast update:

Still holding at 28 degrees, with a "Feels like" 18 degrees, only a 12 mph wind

Will Litmer & O'Hara be able to sling the football in this type of weather or we going to have a battle of Rushing offense tonight?

Last year in a similar cold environment here were the passing yards per QB1:

Benke = 76 yds passing

O'Hara = 120 yds passing

 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Current (game time) forecast update:

Still holding at 28 degrees, with a "Feels like" 18 degrees, only a 12 mph wind

Will Litmer & O'Hara be able to sling the football in this type of weather or we going to have a battle of Rushing offense tonight?

Last year in a similar cold environment here were the passing yards per QB1:

Benke = 76 yds passing

O'Hara = 120 yds passing

 

You know Frank, you got me thinking....

I wonder if we will see Tayden Lorenzen being used a little more heavily in the role of a QB running the Wildcat or potentially line up as a FB running it up the gut?  We have seen both used with Tayden a decent amount of times these last few weeks.  With the cold temps do we see this strategy being used a little more heavily, which might bring Coopers defense to bring more in the box which then will create 1 on 1's on the outside with Surrey and Jackson to use their speed on some quick slants.  I think the passing game still will be used but I don't see anything outside the 10 yard routes being effective..

We will see....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.