8th grade question

I kind of found it strange that the dad of the girl that this thread surrounds is assistant principal at another Kenton County School. It sounds as if there is a hint that she may end up there? Not really all that surprising I guess.

:creepy:

It's the new laws regarding the feeder schools...supposedly, students will have to pick their HS before they enter middle school. If they switch schools without moving into the new school's district, then they lose a year's eligibility...For example, if I went to RA Jones, then I would be required to attend Boone, unless I moved. If I transferred to Dixie, then I'd have to sit out my frosh year. I am pretty sure this will be the new rules. Are there any experts out there in KHSAA law land that can help me out here?

You bring up a great example, right now you have kids from RA Jones going to more than one high school, if the KHSAA institutes a crazy rule like this I suppose RA has to be defined for one high school or the other.

I kind of found it strange that the dad of the girl that this thread surrounds is assistant principal at another Kenton County School. It sounds as if there is a hint that she may end up there? Not really all that surprising I guess.

Any other ideas on this possibility??

You bring up a great example, right now you have kids from RA Jones going to more than one high school, if the KHSAA institutes a crazy rule like this I suppose RA has to be defined for one high school or the other.

Yes, the same with Summit View Middle School in Kenton County. Kids from there go to all three of the county High Schools. Currently there are 4 middle schools and 3 high schools in Kenton County so that would even complicate matters more!

If she does go to one of the other Kenton County High Schools, I really would not blame her at all. She is going to be a very good basketball player, and she is a very nice girl in addition to that. However, I do hope that she decides to play for Scott next year. And, I know my daughter who plays for Scott would, love to have her back next year as a teammate.

If she does go to one of the other Kenton County High Schools, I really would not blame her at all. She is going to be a very good basketball player, and she is a very nice girl in addition to that. However, I do hope that she decides to play for Scott next year. And, I know my daughter who plays for Scott would, love to have her back next year as a teammate.

Dixie would also love to have her, I'm sure!!! Lot's of potential there!!:thumb: