Oakland vs. Kentucky Predictions/Updates (NCAA Tournament)

Oakland vs. Kentucky  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2024 at 11:16 PM

43 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Everyone that wants to, go ahead and joke about Shep, but him not starting on this basketball team will be the biggest joke in UK basketball history!! Bringing him off the bench 2-3 minutes into the games this season is absolutely stubborn, stupid and ridiculous and most people that know anything at all about basketball realize this especially with Wagner and Edward’s doing absolutely nothing for the better part of this entire season, so go ahead and have a great time with it.

I think you’re missing the entire point.  Zero people believe Sheppard is not one of UK’s best players and worthy of starting in a traditional sense. He’s awesome. And no, it’s not customary to have he and Dillingham checking in at the 17:43 mark of the first half. But, trying to say UK’s struggles are largely due to him - not necessarily playing more minutes (2nd most in SEC play) - but him being in the lineup at the tip, is like me saying I’m running slower because I’ve changed running shoes. Completely ignoring my weight gain and the fact I’ve gotten older. Him starting might be the correct thing to do… he would start if I were coaching. But it is far from UK’s biggest problems and ranks about 700 in Calipari’s coaching blunders through the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I think you’re missing the entire point.  Zero people believe Sheppard is not one of UK’s best players and worthy of starting in a traditional sense. He’s awesome. And no, it’s not customary to have he and Dillingham checking in at the 17:43 mark of the first half. But, trying to say UK’s struggles are largely due to him - not necessarily playing more minutes (2nd most in SEC play) - but him being in the lineup at the tip, is like me saying I’m running slower because I’ve changed running shoes. Completely ignoring my weight gain and the fact I’ve gotten older. Him starting might be the correct thing to do… he would start if I were coaching. But it is far from UK’s biggest problems and ranks about 700 in Calipari’s coaching blunders through the years.

You'd run faster if Cal would start Sheppard. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Everyone that wants to, go ahead and joke about Shep, but him not starting on this basketball team will be the biggest joke in UK basketball history!! Bringing him off the bench 2-3 minutes into the games this season is absolutely stubborn, stupid and ridiculous and most people that know anything at all about basketball realize this especially with Wagner and Edward’s doing absolutely nothing for the better part of this entire season, so go ahead and have a great time with it.

Your argument would at least have more merit if UK actually looked better in the games Sheppard started. However, even when Sheppard started a few games this year, they still started slow in those games. Then just usually as a team looked out of sync and lost a couple of the games he started. So him starting didn’t really produce the results you wanted. 

Quite honestly I think you are focused on the wrong guy starting if you want quicker starts. The guy that probably should start to help prevent the slow starts is Dillingham. Have Dillingham start instead of Edwards, and then you have a do it all guy in your 6th man in Sheppard. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Your argument would at least have more merit if UK actually looked better in the games Sheppard started. However, even when Sheppard started a few games this year, they still started slow in those games. Then just usually as a team looked out of sync and lost a couple of the games he started. So him starting didn’t really produce the results you wanted. 

Quite honestly I think you are focused on the wrong guy starting if you want quicker starts. The guy that probably should start to help prevent the slow starts is Dillingham. Have Dillingham start instead of Edwards, and then you have a do it all guy in your 6th man in Sheppard. 

Yes...UK went 1-4 in the games that Sheppard started, the lone win was against Vandy.

• Like 2

I'll admit. I am not feeling good about this one. Mostly it is because I do not like how UK is constructed, but I am holding out hope that NBA talent (albeit, not great NBA talent) will rise and carry UK for as long as this goes.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

Dude, either you're going to like my really funny post in this thread or our friendship is over.

Sorry my guy. I saw bugs' ridiculousness and I blacked out. LOL

• Haha 1