Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toyota Classic @ Scott County

Featured Replies

He came back two or three weeks ago I believe. Had 20 something points in his first game back I think.

 

It's been more recent than that. I saw GRC against North Laurel on Jan. 5, and Jones was still out and Humphrey said he still didn't know at that point when he would be back.

 

Regardless, good to see that he is indeed back. He's fun to watch, and GRC is a very dangerous team when at full strength.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been more recent than that. I saw GRC against North Laurel on Jan. 5, and Jones was still out and Humphrey said he still didn't know at that point when he would be back.

 

Regardless, good to see that he is indeed back. He's fun to watch, and GRC is a very dangerous team when at full strength.

 

He came back Jan. 12th he has a huge bandage on his wrist and hand...still not 100%

I don't think there is an easy road in this tournament.

 

I'd 2nd that, at least from our position, Male, then CCH/Lafayette, then most likely Scott Co, that's S16 caliber.

At least you are consistent, Tiger1... always quick to show your bias against Dixie.

 

The Colonels played Clark County at their house last year. We're familier with Jones and Knowles. Our common opponent this year has been North Laurel. Clark beat them 58-52, Dixie beat them 56-51

 

Dixie needs to take care of the ball, and Luke needs to stay out of foul trouble. I'm looking forward to a competitive, entertaining game.

 

I hope Dixie shows good but common opponents mean absolutely nothing, SK beat Dixie by 15 and lost to Clark by 8, granted one with Hester and one without but it won't mean a thing when the Colonels and Cards face off. Should be good to see former Hump assistant Ken Chevalier going at it.

Don't forget, this is the Scott County Invitational, it will take an unbelievable effort for 32 minutes for any team to beat the Cardinals at their place. They are tough and they sure don't like to lose at home.

You are correct, I remember in '02 when SK faced the Cards and lost by 3 in the finals, coach Hicks received a few questionable calls to his advantage that night.

You are correct, I remember in '02 when SK faced the Cards and lost by 3 in the finals, coach Hicks received a few questionable calls to his advantage that night.
I was there for the 1999 final against Simon Kenton ... I felt the same way.

Was that the game that Tyler Hicks made two NBA range 3's in the last 20 seconds to win the game?

It should be a great tournament. Is anyone coming to G-town for these games? Don't forget to buy your $10 raffel ticket for the Camry!

  • Author
You are correct, I remember in '02 when SK faced the Cards and lost by 3 in the finals, coach Hicks received a few questionable calls to his advantage that night.

I was there that night NeerFan , I think that SK shot a last second 3 that bounced and hung on the rim a few seconds that finally fell out. I remember the Scott County side was quiet for a few seconds!!:D That was the year that SK beat Lafayette in the semi's....Lafayette ended up winning the sweet 16???

Wish I could make it down, if SK plays on Saturday I will attend but that would be a TALL task.

I will at least be there for the Bell Co.-Scott Co. first round game, and I might be there for some other Bell or Scott games.

A good showing in this tourny will help Bell alot when the 13th region comes around always quality teams in Scott Co. tournment.

This will be the first year I have missed the Toyota Classic since it started. I moved to Orlando last month and I am starved for quality high school basketball. Yeah there is talent down here but the coaching and the school spirit is no where to found. Should be some good games. Scott Co will struggle first half before pulling away from the Bobcats. Bell Co is no easy opening game.

With Slusher gone Bell will not have enough size to deal with Scott Co. anyway Coach Hicks team will not lose in the first round in this tournment write that down!

Didn't this tourney used to have several out-of-state schools in it? I thought I watched CCH play a team from Florida a couple of years ago down there.

 

CCH / Male Take II would be fun to watch -- although CCH will have their hands full with Lafayette in Round 1.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.