Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toyota Classic @ Scott County

Featured Replies

Didn't this tourney used to have several out-of-state schools in it? I thought I watched CCH play a team from Florida a couple of years ago down there.

 

CCH / Male Take II would be fun to watch -- although CCH will have their hands full with Lafayette in Round 1.

 

In 04, I know they had at least one team from Pennsylvania and one from Florida that came in undefeated and left with their tails tucked.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a HUGE moneymaker for Scott County Schools. It basically funds all the programs in the school system - and then some. I think the AD decided that teams from out of state wouldn't bring the same fan base that Cov Cath and Male do. More admission tickets, more hot dogs eaten, and more people buying a chance at the Camry. It's actually better basketball now with the in-state teams. Some of the other towns that have a Toyota Plant would come and get demolished by the teams from Kentucky.

I do wish E-town had come back this year so I could see Pettigrew again.

Does SK have any shot at Male Can Hurd and Elbert take control? I am afraid their guards will chew up SK and spit them out.

What happened to Male's big man?

"Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team."

posted by oldguy at top of this posting.

Players name is Hehman

I could be mistaken, I think that was a HC guy? I stand corrected if that was a mis understanding on my part.

"Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team."

posted by oldguy at top of this posting.

Players name is Hehman

 

Correction, 44 Dexter Heyman 6'4" 210 Forward 11

Correction, 44 Dexter Heyman 6'4" 210 Forward 11

 

That's what the 5th/3rd program says but he is way bigger than 210.

Whats going to happen if Lafayette can't play? Fayette co. rules state that a Fcps can't play games when school has been canceld.

Whats going to happen if Lafayette can't play? Fayette co. rules state that a Fcps can't play games when school has been canceld.

They can't. I just started another thread. THe game is moved to tommorow night at 5:30.

Why was school cancelled?

 

Snow or roads I assume. I'm sure they were much worse this morning than they are now, although I am not in Lexington.

Didn't know Lexington had gotten any snow ... none at all here in the hinterlands. ;)

Didn't know Lexington had gotten any snow ... none at all here in the hinterlands. ;)

Just a dusting of snow here this morning...but Ice was the problem..wrecks all over the place in Lexington.

Don't forget, this is the Scott County Invitational, it will take an unbelievable effort for 32 minutes for any team to beat the Cardinals at their place. They are tough and they sure don't like to lose at home.

 

And normally the "draw" goes in their favor. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.