Toyota Classic @ Scott County

Didn't this tourney used to have several out-of-state schools in it? I thought I watched CCH play a team from Florida a couple of years ago down there.

CCH / Male Take II would be fun to watch -- although CCH will have their hands full with Lafayette in Round 1.

In 04, I know they had at least one team from Pennsylvania and one from Florida that came in undefeated and left with their tails tucked.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a HUGE moneymaker for Scott County Schools. It basically funds all the programs in the school system - and then some. I think the AD decided that teams from out of state wouldn't bring the same fan base that Cov Cath and Male do. More admission tickets, more hot dogs eaten, and more people buying a chance at the Camry. It's actually better basketball now with the in-state teams. Some of the other towns that have a Toyota Plant would come and get demolished by the teams from Kentucky.

I do wish E-town had come back this year so I could see Pettigrew again.

"Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team."

posted by oldguy at top of this posting.

Players name is Hehman

"Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team."

posted by oldguy at top of this posting.

Players name is Hehman

Correction, 44 Dexter Heyman 6'4" 210 Forward 11