Toyota Classic @ Scott County

Simon Kenton plays Male in the opening round. I would like to see SK play them within 10 points. SK historically has to me what is the toughest path to the semi's in this tourney. Dixie and CovCath also are playing in this. Your thoughts??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton plays Male in the opening round. I would like to see SK play them within 10 points. SK historically has to me what is the toughest path to the semi's in this tourney. Dixie and CovCath also are playing in this. Your thoughts??

Is Hester back for SK yet? If not, playing Male and their guards will make for a long night for SK...

skfan, Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team.

CovCath should be interesting to watch. With CovCath securing the #1 seed in the 35th already, does Coach L give some extra playing time to the young Colonels bench to develop them even more so. JD, A. Noll and Luke all need a lot of extra playing time, as with Billy now out for the season, these young men will be counted on even more so. CovCath after playing nearly a flaw-est game against Cov Holy Cross, now needs to sharpen themselves up even more so against some tough competition which they could/should see in the Toyota Classic.

As I haven't seen Dixie play at all this year, I won't say anything about them.

Toyota Classic

SK without Hester will lose to Male by 17+. SK with Hester would play Male within 7 points.

Is Hester back for SK yet? If not, playing Male and their guards will make for a long night for SK...

skfan, Male wouldn't nearly be the team you saw (that is if you attended the 5th/3rd classic) as Heyman is done for the year. He was a stud in the middle for "H" and I didn't see anybody on the bench when I saw them play three times at the 5th/3rd who can step up and replace him. Now Male is still a tough team and their guards are indeed great athletics, but without Heyman in the middle, they just IMO aren't the same team.

CovCath should be interesting to watch. With CovCath securing the #1 seed in the 35th already, does Coach L give some extra playing time to the young Colonels bench to develop them even more so. JD, A. Noll and Luke all need a lot of extra playing time, as with Billy now out for the season, these young men will be counted on even more so. CovCath after playing nearly a flaw-est game against Cov Holy Cross, now needs to sharpen themselves up even more so against some tough competition which they could/should see in the Toyota Classic.

Toyota Classic

Dixie plays Clark County and they have no one even close to matching up against Knowles or Jones. This will be a ugly game for Dixie and they will lose by at least 18+

Toyota Classic

I'm confused. What other choice does he have with Billy out? They have to play extra as one of them will start and the other will sub. Maile plays the 4 spot anyway and does not back up Billy.

Dixie plays Clark County and they have no one even close to matching up against Knowles or Jones. This will be a ugly game for Dixie and they will lose by at least 18+

If Clark Co beats Dixie then they would play the winner of the Scott Co /Bell Co game. Looks like a real tuff road to the finals for the Clark Cards.

I'm confused. What other choice does he have with Billy out? They have to play extra as one of them will start and the other will sub. Maile plays the 4 spot anyway and does not back up Billy.

Why not go small and just try to play Bo, TJ, Chris, Michael and Luke. Why not try to play Bo, TJ, Luke, Michael and JD. Luke needs all the playing time in the world as he can play both ends of the court, he just needs the playing time.... He will carry this team, one day..... and I do understand your well taken point...about what other choice does Coach L have. :thumb:

At least you are consistent, Tiger1... always quick to show your bias against Dixie.

The Colonels played Clark County at their house last year. We're familier with Jones and Knowles. Our common opponent this year has been North Laurel. Clark beat them 58-52, Dixie beat them 56-51

Dixie needs to take care of the ball, and Luke needs to stay out of foul trouble. I'm looking forward to a competitive, entertaining game.

At least you are consistent, Tiger1... always quick to show your bias against Dixie.

The Colonels played Clark County at their house last year. We're familier with Jones and Knowles. Our common opponent this year has been North Laurel. Clark beat them 58-52, Dixie beat them 56-51

Dixie needs to take care of the ball, and Luke needs to stay out of foul trouble. I'm looking forward to a competitive, entertaining game.

Call it what you want, but I call it as I see it. Clark has much better players than Dixie and that is a fact!

Using a common opponent is not always a good indication of how two teams will play against each other.

Clark was at North Laurel, wasn't yours at Dixie?