Ludlow at Kentucky Country Day Predictions/Updates 

DevilMayCare

Panthers vs. Bearcats   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

85v1pk.thumb.jpg.d11bca02a13c30ee459c62506a3c334e.jpg

Bearcats And Panthers Try To Claw Their Way Into The Semifinals

Records: Ludlow (8-4) | KCD (10-2)

BGP 1A Rankings: KCD (#6)

Round 1 Results: Ludlow beat Newport | KCD beat Bethlehem 

Series History: KCD leads 3-1 all-time 

Teaser Preview: Ludlow hasn't gone for a swim in this end of the pool in nearly fifty years. The 1975 state champions were the last Panther squad to advance this deep into the playoffs.

Defense and running the football are a time tested combo in November. With few exceptions, those are the strengths of this Ludlow team. They've been sturdy defensively, aside from a hiccup against Paris. Dameyn Anness leads the ground game with over 1,100 yards. They average 253 as a team.

We know the Bearcats are comfortable at this depth. This marks the sixth time in eight years they've advanced at least this far. KCD brings a balanced offense to the table, with quarterback Ethan Harris accounting for 2,000 yards and 27 touchdowns. Cameron Edwards and Troy Humphries are his top targets with 40+ receptions each. Kassani Wilson went over a thousand yards rushing last week. 

KCD stubbed its toe with consecutive losses at the end of the regular season. But make no mistake, the Bearcats are a decided home favorite this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coach Jones appears to have these boys ready! I am taking KCD in the second half!

Ludlow could make this one interesting with their physical play! Does anyone know how this would shake up the semi finals if Ludlow were to pull off the upset? 

Just now, Hard Work said:

Ludlow could make this one interesting with their physical play! Does anyone know how this would shake up the semi finals if Ludlow were to pull off the upset? 

Ludlow has the lowest RPI of any team remaining in Class 1A so a Ludlow victory would still mean a semifinal road trip. If the other favorites won, it would be at Campbellsville.

• Like 1

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

Ludlow has the lowest RPI of any team remaining in Class 1A so a Ludlow victory would still mean a semifinal road trip. If the other favorites won, it would be at Campbellsville.

That would rearrange some things for the Raceland/ Sayre winner though. Instead of going to KCD they could have to make the trip to Pikeville correct?

Just now, Hard Work said:

That would rearrange some things for the Raceland/ Sayre winner though. Instead of going to KCD they could have to make the trip to Pikeville correct?

If everything played out like we mentioned in the previous post, yes. The Raceland/Sayre winner needs two of Country Day, Campbellsville, and Pikeville to lose this week in order to get a home game in the semifinals. That seems like a stretch.

• Like 1

Ludlow’s defense has been solid all year. Earlier in the season they only gave up 14 points to Sayre. Then Ludlow’s run game has a tendency to slowly start to wear teams out, and usually leads to a couple more scores in the 4th quarter for Ludlow. Ludlow’s special teams has also made some really big plays this year. 

I think this will be a very good game and I really like Ludlow’s chances in this. As long as the defense keeps playing great and is a close game going into the 4th quarter. I can see Ludlow’s offense breaking through again in the 4th and getting the win. 

Ludlow 20

KCD 14

KCD is a state champ contender and Sr laden. They have athletes all over the field and are stout in the trenches! There QB, RB, and WRs are excellent skill players and they have top notch coaching. Give me KCD 35-21 even though I hope Ludlow wins as would be great for their town!

• Like 1