2007 Evarts

theguru

Evarts has almost everyone returning from last years squad. They lost 2 seniors who played quite a bit. Adam Helton (RB) and James Ledford (End) graduated but everyone else is back. Playing in a new district that is minus Somerset certainly helps and Harlan was hit heavy by graduation losses. Hazard is probably the team to beat in the district with a dog fight for 2nd place. SR Qb Derek Cochran will have to lead the team this year, a 3 yr starter. With this year tentatively scheduled to be last for Evarts High School I expect them to play with a little extra emotion this season and with so many players returning I expect them to be there near the top of the district.

Hopefully, Evarts can have a little more sucess this year than the last. I seriously think that with a healthy Jimmy Pike Evarts wins at least 4 games last year that they lost. Also, Evarts really could benefit from some time in the weight room; that was one of the smallest Evarts teams I can ever recall, and they lost many battles up front on the line of scrimmage.