Cooper 49 Scott County 21

JUGGSPORTS

28 minutes ago, JUGGSPORTS said:

Coaches had to be separated in handshake line.

That's simply not true. At least not the coach’s part. No coaches had to be separated. Two Scott County players started running in throwing punches at Cooper players in the line and coach’s from both sides were stepping in trying to get everyone separated.

Scott County had about 7 or 8 unsportsmanlike personal fouls in this one, if not more. With multiple players ejected in the 4th quarter by Scott County, a chain gang member ejected in the third quarter, and a coach at the end.

It definitely was an ugly thing there, something I have never seen before in a high school game.

With that said complete domination by Cooper in this one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

That's simply not true. At least not the coach’s part. No coaches had to be separated. Two Scott County players started running in throwing punches at Cooper players in the line and coach’s from both sides were stepping in trying to get everyone separated.

Scott County had about 7 or 8 unsportsmanlike personal fouls in this one, if not more. With multiple players ejected in the 4th quarter by Scott County, a chain gang member ejected in the third quarter, and a coach at the end.

It definitely was an ugly thing there, something I have never seen before in a high school game.

Bad vantage point from where I was.  Late in the line, bad assumption.

• Like 1

Great job by Cooper. Congratulations to the Jaguars. I thought this would be a 49-42 type of game with SC prevailing late. Boy was I wrong. With the behavior exhibited by SC, they certainly got what they deserved - a trouncing. There appears to be a lot of explaining to do by Coach McKee. It will be interesting to see how he responds and what actions the KHSAA  chooses to take. This is sad.

• Like 3

Soooooo many thought the Jags would get blown out!! Silenced a ton of folks who did nothing but look at the score from LAST YEAR which meant absolutely NOTHING!!. This is a totally different team who has done nothing but continued to work and get better! You don’t anyone to believe in you but yourselves!  

This is a dangerous team and my hope is everyone outside of Union keep doubting them! 

Let’s go Jags!  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I had not seen Cooper until tonight. I think the way they looked tonight they have the talent to win 5A.

When the season first began, I thought Cooper had a solid chance. As the season went on, Highlands became a totally different team. I believe that the 5A state champion will be one of the two possibly now after how Cooper beat Scott County tonight.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Thanks for clearing that up fc.  I watched the two teams for a bit and I thought I saw the coaches having a professional conversation. 

• Like 2

Is this a game where McKee sits in his office for a couple days, then drops some bombs on some people? It went all the way to the chain crew and the handshake line. Say what you will about he handshake line (I’m against it in a game like this) but in the NHL playoffs they don’t have fights after the series. 

I would love to see the film. All coaches know that the officials they get in the playoffs will call the games differently than their local guys.

• Like 1