Bowling Green 36 South Warren 29

Purple88

Just got home!

What a game!  As @Killowatt59aais Instant Classic!

South Warren did everything they needed to do in their game plan except hold on to the ball. Those turnovers were killers. 
BG didn’t look great at times to say the least. They has maybe 1 good running play all night but a piece of that was because Soutu jail house blitzed every play. 
The defense were exposed but they never quit. And that’s what it takes to win a game like this. 
Both teams had significant efforts from different contributors. 
For South, Button, Veltcamp, Sales Bridges and Cateona were all great tonight. 
For BG, Bailey, Barber, Sweeney, Tre Graham and Newman on D with the big scoop 6 we’re huge for the Purples. 
And what about the play call and execution at clutch time when the South fans and Mr Announcer were celebrating. 
Purples fans will remember it for a long time. Still a lot to play for for both teams. But going to practice after winning and losing this game will be a lot different for these 2. Great Rivalry Game!

Go Purples!

• Like 1

Got to catch the end. I told myself when SW was jumping around, ahhh you still have to kick it off. Deuce with ANY time left is dangerous  

Losing Reynolds, your leading tackler and leader in TD receptions definitely hurt SW, but the turnovers were killer. 

Hopefully these two link up again. 

Well I'll heard they are having some flooding issues over at South Warren today. Apparently it's from all the South Warren fans crying the blues all night.

Also still no update on the missing South Warren PA guy. Hopefully he's alright. He shut things down early last night, I sure hope they get the power issues and stuff resolved before their next game.

I watched the replay several times of the hook and ladder play. Looks like South got caught in a bad defensive formation. I wonder if they thought BG was going to play for the middle of the field on a shorter pass to setup a field goal?

They were really aggressive on that defensive play and they left one defender to guard the two BG offensive players on the hook and ladder. There was one safety ion the back, but he was playing the middle and couldn't get over in time to make a stop. 

Great win by the Purples, they found a way.   Would also like to see the time of possession difference.