Harrison County at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Harrison County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2023 at 11:00 PM

On 10/10/2023 at 1:28 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Series Record:
1971 Cov Cath (Tassini) beat Harrison County (McKee) 14-12
1972 Harrison County (Vest) beat Cov Cath (Tassini) 9-2
1973 Harrison County (Vest) beat Cov Cath (Bernier) 20-14
1974 Cov Cath (Bernier) beat Harrison County (Vest) 30-13
1999* Harrison County (Graham) beat Cov Cath (Ray) 21-16
2001* Cov Cath (Ray) beat Harrison County (Graham) 44-22
2002* Cov Cath (Ray) beat Harrison County (Graham) 54-6
2004* Cov Cath (Ray) beat Harrison County (Graham) 39-13
2005* Cov Cath (Rodenberg) beat Harrison County (Graham) 17-14
2011 Cov Cath (Wirth) beat Harrison County (Carroll) 56-7
2012 Cov Cath (Wirth) beat Harrison County (Carr) 61-0
2013 Cov Cath (Wirth) beat Harrison County (Carr) 42-6
2014 Cov Cath (Wirth) beat Harrison County (Carr) 56-0

* Playoffs

Any relation to the guy who's the head coach at Scott Co?

On 10/11/2023 at 9:37 AM, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Any update on game status for Rodriguez, Leen, or Flood?  Flood’s injury I think was the most severe, so he could be done for the year? And could this all also be a case resting them one more week because they can?

I'm assuming Flood is out until possibly a 3rd/4th round playoff game with a broken collar bone, but who knows.

I would have to think they want to rest Leen and Rodriguez a little still with their ankle injuries, but obviously there's also motivation to have them back playing as soon as possible in order to get them some reps and keep them sharp, even in heavily favored games like this one. Per KSR's game preview released yesterday, they have confirmed that Willie will be playing tonight. No word on Owen, for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Cov Cath Football Alumni:

It's gameday, baby! Covington Catholic Football returns to action after their bye week and the Colonels are squaring off against the Harrison County Thorobreds tonight in Park Hills. Come out tonight and cheer on the Colonels!

#WithASpiritThatWillNotDie
#WASTWND
#RollColonels

🕖 7:00pm

F8VkPGwWYAA1F-j.jpg

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Oh man, that was completely just a swing and a miss on my part. Totally overlooked the 1984 playoffs. Cov Cath played Newport in the first round and won 21-14 and then lost 27-0 to Danville in the second round like you guys stated. My bad, there. I'll go back and correct things in the previous posts.

I was hoping that the Danville loss had been erased from history since I had a part in it. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DawgsFan100 said:

CC will score a bunch of points vs Harrison. That defense is just very bad. Now offensively I really think Custard is very good. I have a feeling everyone will be impressed with him. I think he could start at other high profile schools. He’s very elusive and has a STRONG arm. CC by 28 but Custard will make some plays.

I’m looking forward to seeing Custard vs a team like CCH.

I’ve seen him on the basketball ball court but heard Football is his main sport.

6 hours ago, DawgsFan100 said:

CC will score a bunch of points vs Harrison. That defense is just very bad. Now offensively I really think Custard is very good. I have a feeling everyone will be impressed with him. I think he could start at other high profile schools. He’s very elusive and has a STRONG arm. CC by 28 but Custard will make some plays.

Harrison only scored 13 against Mason. 

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm assuming Flood is out until possibly a 3rd/4th round playoff game with a broken collar bone, but who knows.

I would have to think they want to rest Leen and Rodriguez a little still with their ankle injuries, but obviously there's also motivation to have them back playing as soon as possible in order to get them some reps and keep them sharp, even in heavily favored games like this one. Per KSR's game preview released yesterday, they have confirmed that Willie will be playing tonight. No word on Owen, for sure.

Owen Leen is dressed tonight for the game.

• Like 1