Harrison County at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Harrison County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

Lost to Danville in 1984?  Arrived late to the game 

This is correct; I had forgotten about that one - at Danville.

Closer to the center of my wheelhouse too. At Cov Cath: QB - Ed Tranter, T - Chris Edgington, TE Don Erpenbeck ...

Danville had a couple of really good linebackers - Jeff Lancaster and "Doodle" Selby.

• Who arrived late to the game, the team or you?

Screenshot_20231013-004748__01.jpg

10 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Thought it was 10-3, but I have tried like hell to forget that night…..rained cats and dogs….still stings.  That was a helluva team.

That team was heavily favored to win.  Their only loss to that point was to a very good Massillon team at River Front Stadium early in the season.   Yep, it still stings!

1 minute ago, gbballfan21 said:

The 91 team started the year 0-4, then won 9 straight before losing in the semis to Bell.

The Massillon game was in 1990.

That's correct.  Was thinking they were confused on the dates and keeping it consistent.  Maybe it's me that was confused.  It was kind of a blurry time of my life.   

C

2 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

The 91 team started the year 0-4, then won 9 straight before losing in the semis to Bell.

The Massillon game was in 1990.

Correct.  We were more referring to the class of ‘91.  The Massillon and Bell County rain game were in the fall of ‘90 for the class of ‘91.

3 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it, thanks!

It was McCormick at QB as a Soph and Wilson was moved to tailback.  Wilson gets forgotten a lot when talking about players who made an impact at CCH.  3 year 2 way starter who played on scholarship at Miami, OH….that team was the best in the state that year and got royally hosed at Bell County.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

C

Correct.  We were more referring to the class of ‘91.  The Massillon and Bell County rain game were in the fall of ‘90 for the class of ‘91.

What I found said that the 1990 Bell Co. playoff game had a final score of 17-10 in OT.

2 minutes ago, Astro Domino said:

What I found said that the 1990 Bell Co. playoff game had a final score of 17-10 in OT.

Yup.  Now it’s coming back.  And I believe we lost on the last play in OT when our TE was in the end zone to tie it and they said He was short.

• Like 1

CC will score a bunch of points vs Harrison. That defense is just very bad. Now offensively I really think Custard is very good. I have a feeling everyone will be impressed with him. I think he could start at other high profile schools. He’s very elusive and has a STRONG arm. CC by 28 but Custard will make some plays.

13 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

Lost to Danville in 1984?  Arrived late to the game.

11 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

This is correct; I had forgotten about that one - at Danville.

Closer to the center of my wheelhouse too. At Cov Cath: QB - Ed Tranter, T - Chris Edgington, TE Don Erpenbeck ...

Danville had a couple of really good linebackers - Jeff Lancaster and "Doodle" Selby.

• Who arrived late to the game, the team or you?

5 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

CovCath arrived a few minutes before kickoff and had no real warmup time. I think they just misjudged the travel tome and stopped for dinner in Lexington.

Oh man, that was completely just a swing and a miss on my part. Totally overlooked the 1984 playoffs. Cov Cath played Newport in the first round and won 21-14 and then lost 27-0 to Danville in the second round like you guys stated. My bad, there. I'll go back and correct things in the previous posts.