Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Catholic at Owensboro Predictions/Updates

Aces vs. Red Devils 56 members have voted

  1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/08/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 7xt24v.thumb.jpg.b1c499a54b4bf916b06a3ac972c9716a.jpg

Aces Seek To Clinch City Crown In The Devils' Den

Records: OCath (3-0) | Owensboro (1-2)

BGP Rankings: OCath (#4 in 2A) | Owensboro (#5 in 5A)

Week 3 Results: OCath beat Greenwood 43-13 | Owensboro beat Daviess County 50-7

Series History: Senior leads 48-16-1

Burning Question: Can the Aces handle the heat at Rash? Catholic has only won there twice in the last quarter century and most recently back in 2011. Only one game since then has been competitive. But this OCath squad looks built to get the job done after we've witnessed demolitions of Apollo, Daviess County, and most impressively, a top ten Greenwood team. Senior High got a brief reprieve last week from its challenging early season schedule, blasting a common opponent in Daviess County. It's not often the Devils are an underdog in this rivalry, but that's the scent in the air at the moment. To keep the Aces high, OCath will have to overcome Owensboro's superior scheduling prep and the uninviting contours of Rash Stadium.

 

  • Replies 88
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is a guy on Facebook named James Green who goes live for all the Owensboro varsity games. (Heck he usually streams the freshman and JV games as well.) His page is public and he does an awesome j

  • ApolloFan98
    ApolloFan98

    I think it would but only because of the majority is picking Catholic.  Talent wise, OHS is at least even with Catholic, so in that sense I don't think it would be much of an upset.  I think a lot of

  • The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan TH, 9/7, 7:30 Guest coach: Ryle HFC, Mike Engler Tough Topic: Kevin Varney Listener Que

Posted Images

I don't want to knock O, but it's hard to pick against Catholic right now.

1 hour ago, BillNye said:

I don't want to knock O, but it's hard to pick against Catholic right now.

Catholic is favored no knock.

The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS ? w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan
TH, 9/7, 7:30
Guest coach: Ryle HFC, Mike Engler
Tough Topic: Kevin Varney
Listener Question: Steve Stonebraker
Owensboro Catholic v Owensboro
Raceland v Pikeville
??️??️?
 
 
 

If this game were at Catholic I think the Devils would be in big trouble. With it being at Rash Stadium give me the Devils 31-28.

Owensboro will need to get pressure on Atwell and run the ball efficiently to control the clock. Don’t think Owensboro can keep up in a shoot out. This should be a good game

Catholic is putting up big numbers and are clicking on all cylinders and I agree if they don’t put pressure on Atwell he will make them pay . Owensboro hasn’t put up big numbers until DC and that’s due to the caliber of teams they scheduled early  wich  we will see if it pays off with Catholic  . Owensboro is gonna have to have a  big night outta Winstead and Hampton ,Delacey needs to be smart and know when to throw and when to tuck it because he can hurt them with his wheels . Owensboro should be ready for war after the outcome last year and especially being at Rash Stadium …that place will be jumpin so with that being said I gotta roll with my Devils .

I'll take the team with the best player on the field.

OC 42

Owensboro 21

I'm taking Senior, only because it's tough to beat a team 2 years in a row. Last year, it was a major win for O.C. Now, Senior is on notice.

Just now, MrTeacher said:

I'm taking Senior, only because it's tough to beat a team 2 years in a row. Last year, it was a major win for O.C. Now, Senior is on notice.

Welcome to BGP @MrTeacher!

This should be a great game.  I wasn't sure the Aces could hold up defensively against Greenwood, but they passed that test with flying colors.  I do think Owensboro at Rash is an even bigger animal, but I was impressed at how well Catholic did against Tel Tel and the Gators run game.  Owensboro will have an athletic advantage on the edge with Winstead and Hampton, but I expect Catholic to sell out on the run and force Delacey to beat them. 

On the other side, I am glad to see Brady Atwell getting some state wide recognition this week.  The kid is the real deal.  Owensboro will not only have to get pressure, but they will need to get contained pressure because Atwell can hurt you with his legs.  The Aces offense looks like a well oiled machine right now with the quick passing attack looking unstoppable at times.  I have no doubt that the Red Devils will be the best test, but I do not see Catholic being outscored.

Aces 35 - Devils 28

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.