Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Dixie Heights

Featured Replies

The first few games of the year Dixie looks slow and out of shape. I don't get the whole two a days mentality with Mr. Spritzky. If my team looked slow and out of shape every year you can bet the bank I would have two a days. You would think that playing for HHS he would know the value of getting in peak physical condition. I DON'T GET IT........:confused:

 

I would say this was true for the past few years, except last year. I didn't think this past year's squad looked out of shape and slow. They just got outplayed. They also didn't gel as a team until week 4 or 5. There was a lot of bickering on the sidelines last year early in the season. The team finally woke up later in the year, and I don't expect the same problem next year.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Dixie have coming back? Are they the type of kids that can be leaders and avoid the bickering on the side line? Will they be able to pull together early and handle the task at hand? Will the new facilities add a little spring in their step this year? (pardon the pun on that last question)

Are you sure that you really know the team players? Do you really know who is out there partying on and not worried about football next season? I think that there are a number of them (I personally know) that are working hard in the weight room and putting in extra hours outside of the weight room so that this can be "the year". I must say that I have always found you to be a supportive Dixie fan and I am surprised with your new found dislike for the leaders of the team next season. Don't judge the whole team by a few. Last year the team was shot down before the season even got started (preseason games) by the fans, press and coaching staff. I hope that your tact is only to challenage the team and not create a new band wagon for cutting up the senior leaders before they have even had a chance to lead. Let's wait and see. I hope that your thoughts are not shared by many fans and that most remain very optimisitic about this season.

Players, find your own spirit, create team and prove the critics wrong!:ylsuper:

To start , I LOVE DIXIE FOOTBALL ! I just hate to see a team like this go to waste . I just want them to decide its TEAM FIRST ! Then and only then they'll take the next step we all know they can ! Yes , we all know who's out partying all too well . Second theres alot more to football then lifting weights ,like working on speed , technique , and alot of other things ! I'm not judging anyone on this team or trying to start a new band wagon for anyone . I just would like to see them lose the PAMPERS ,GROW UP and decide to play TEAM FIRST FOOTBALL !:thumb: Take a good look in each others eyes and know , I'll make that block , I'll take the hit or make the tackle ! I'll get that extra yard , I can make that pass or catch ! I'll play hurt , sore, and leave it all out on the field for the TEAM each game ! I know alot of great kids who decided to do that , and they just ordered there RINGS !!!!! :fire:

What does Dixie have coming back? Are they the type of kids that can be leaders and avoid the bickering on the side line? Will they be able to pull together early and handle the task at hand? Will the new facilities add a little spring in their step this year? (pardon the pun on that last question)

 

 

They return quite a bit. On offense, they return Bricking (QB), Moloney (RB), Day (FB), Eastham got time at TE last year behind Stalkamp, Carter (WR), Detmer (WR), Lucas (WR/RB), Freeman (OL), and Koski (OL). Jett returns as the punter and kicker. On defense, they return Freeman (DL), Koski (DL), Benson (LB), Eastham (LB), Vu saw time at (LB), Carter (DB), Day (DL), Moloney played some DB, and Detmer (S). Sorry if I left anyone out. Also, I look for some underclassmen to step up this year as last year's freshman squad was strong. I don't think you'll see the bickering on the sideline this year, or at least you shouldn't. Heck, they were undefeated at home last year, hopefully the can do the same next year. ;)

I think some teams have their first practice early in the morning usually done by 10am. The second one beginning at 6pm, to help with the heat index rules.

[on tQUOTE=nees1212]. Heck, they were undefeated at home last year, hopefully the can do the same next year. ;)

 

That would be great to see , but the home games I think are : B-Wood , Ryle , Birds , CovCath , Boone, and Campbell . This could be kind of interesting this year at home !:thumb:

That would be great to see , but the home games I think are : B-Wood , Ryle , Birds , CovCath , Boone, and Campbell . This could be kind of interesting this year at home !:thumb:

 

With the district changing, it's not a guarantee that Dixie has these teams at home. I think the only guarantees are Highlands and Beechwood.

They return quite a bit. On offense, they return Bricking (QB), Moloney (RB), Day (FB), Eastham got time at TE last year behind Stalkamp, Carter (WR), Detmer (WR), Lucas (WR/RB), Freeman (OL), and Koski (OL). Jett returns as the punter and kicker. On defense, they return Freeman (DL), Koski (DL), Benson (LB), Eastham (LB), Vu saw time at (LB), Carter (DB), Day (DL), Moloney played some DB, and Detmer (S). Sorry if I left anyone out. Also, I look for some underclassmen to step up this year as last year's freshman squad was strong. I don't think you'll see the bickering on the sideline this year, or at least you shouldn't. Heck, they were undefeated at home last year, hopefully the can do the same next year. ;)

 

 

Forgot another returning lineman, Scott Sanders. Don't look for WR/RB Lucas to return.

With the district changing, it's not a guarantee that Dixie has these teams at home. I think the only guarantees are Highlands and Beechwood.

 

 

From what there saying for this year ,the schedule wouldn't change much for Dixie . B-Wood , Birds , CovCath , Boone , Ryle at home. Holmes , Scott Conner , Simon and CC away I think . Some said we had CC at home this year . That would be 6 at HOME and 4 away . Also heard that we lost Conner and picked up someone down state . Dixie played everyone in the new district anyway , so I think they just left it the same as before . I guess we'll see here soon !:thumb:

From what there saying for this year ,the schedule wouldn't change much for Dixie . B-Wood , Birds , CovCath , Boone , Ryle at home. Holmes , Scott Conner , Simon and CC away I think . Some said we had CC at home this year . That would be 6 at HOME and 4 away . Also heard that we lost Conner and picked up someone down state . Dixie played everyone in the new district anyway , so I think they just left it the same as before . I guess we'll see here soon !:thumb:

 

 

That's they way I see it too. Both the 2006 Beechwood and Highlands games were supposed to have been played at Dixie but were changed due to stadium not completed in time. 2006 CC game was at Campbell.

Next to Rodenberg ! Well he's gone now , so I guess your right !:lol:

 

 

CCH had more talent in '05, but Highlands beat them, so I totally disagree.

You don't think teams should be able to move up? Highlands would be AAA. Have you seen the teams that are going to fall in AAA? I don't think you would have the same opinion if Highlands and Cov weren't moving into your district.

 

No, I do not think teams should be able to move up (and I don't have a district) because I believe playing in the class you legally fall into numbers-wise if the most fair way to conduct play.

 

Newport was stuck in some remote district in 2A play for years before Lloyd moved up to 2A to join them and even then it was just those two. Before that NCC was stuck in 2A with no local teams in the district. It wasn't financially beneficial but that's the way it was because teams could not move.

 

Now it is decided on a case by case basis and anytime you do that it leads to problems.

Forgot another returning lineman, Scott Sanders. Don't look for WR/RB Lucas to return.

 

Why arent these players returning?

No, I do not think teams should be able to move up (and I don't have a district) because I believe playing in the class you legally fall into numbers-wise if the most fair way to conduct play.

 

Newport was stuck in some remote district in 2A play for years before Lloyd moved up to 2A to join them and even then it was just those two. Before that NCC was stuck in 2A with no local teams in the district. It wasn't financially beneficial but that's the way it was because teams could not move.

 

Now it is decided on a case by case basis and anytime you do that it leads to problems.

I don't think that any of those teams petitioned to move up to AAA. There is nothing wrong with moving up a class to increase your competition level. It doesn't make sense to deny it. Dixie, although a public school, has open enrollment. This is an advantage that should allow them to compete with the big boys across the state. If Dixie would have petitioned in time to move up to AAAAAA, then they would have been accepted. They didn't ask for this to happen till they found out Highlands and Cov were going to be in their district.

I don't think that any of those teams petitioned to move up to AAA. There is nothing wrong with moving up a class to increase your competition level. It doesn't make sense to deny it. Dixie, although a public school, has open enrollment. This is an advantage that should allow them to compete with the big boys across the state. If Dixie would have petitioned in time to move up to AAAAAA, then they would have been accepted. They didn't ask for this to happen till they found out Highlands and Cov were going to be in their district.

 

 

As to your point about if Dixie had petitioned to move up to 6A the request would have been accepted, I sincerely doubt that it would have been accepted. The only criteria for allowing a team to move up was geographic implications. When the KHSAA agreed to go with 6 classes, they realized that it would spread out district competition and would require a lot more travel. They realized that it would also isolate teams. In Highlands case it was the only 3A school in N. Ky. In CovCath's case, it along with Pendleton Co. were the only 4A schools in N. Ky. Both schools had very legitimate geographical reasons to request the move up. Dixie was already in a 5A district with Scott, Holmes and Grant. Had they requested a move up to 6A, I'm pretty certain that it would not have been granted as Dixie would not have suffered any geographical problems being in that district. Dixie obviously did not have any geographic issues with being in the 5A N. Ky district as it didn't even make a request to move up to 6A until they found out that CovCath and Highlands had been moved up to 5A.

 

 

While I realize that not everyone was in favor of going to 6 classes, it is the pretty strong consensus around Ky and within the coaching ranks that size matters. To the extent that they are correct and larger schools do have an advantage over smaller schools in head to head competition, then I can't see why people would be opposed to having a smaller school move into their class (heck Highlands is almost half the size of Dixie).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.