Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Dixie Heights

Featured Replies

Don't know why Day will not be playing, I would imagine Wulfeck is still having shoulder problems, sure miss him at DB/LB. These are not the only seniors that may not be there this year. Has anyone heard if Maxwell will be playing this year?

 

I heard Carter was not playing this year and now I heard he was ? Not sure on him . This TEAM is still very deep in talent and shouldn't skip a beat . :thumb: I would love to see them all playing , they all have talent .But Hey , life goes on and this TEAM will be fine ! KEEP WORKING HARD DIXIE !!!:fire:

  • Replies 149
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Carter was not playing this year and now I heard he was ? Not sure on him . This TEAM is still very deep in talent and shouldn't skip a beat . :thumb: I would love to see them all playing , they all have talent .But Hey , life goes on and this TEAM will be fine ! KEEP WORKING HARD DIXIE !!!:fire:

 

Carter not playing. Jarrod Lucas is back though for this year.

Yes, I do know this as a fact. We will see if this doesn't have an even greater impact in the future. After all, this was just the first season for the new facility. It still confuses me as to how a schoolboard could build that type of faciliy for one school and not all, and have open enrollment within their district. It also confuses me as to how one can believe that this doesn't give a given school an advantage. This is even before the facility was built, but didn't Dixie have a good tailback 4-5 years ago that lived within visual sight of Scott High?

 

No Quarterback Greg Preston did though..

No Quarterback Greg Preston did though..

 

 

I think D Norris did live in Scott's district , but moved into Dixie's before his Fresh year . I'm not sure of any other .

I think D Norris did live in Scott's district , but moved into Dixie's before his Fresh year . I'm not sure of any other .

 

Yeah, I believe he lived by Doe Run.

Carter not playing. Jarrod Lucas is back though for this year.

 

With practice starting up, let us know the no shows if you have anymore insight. :thumb:

Dixie has had a few players that have lived in Scott's district that ended up playing for the Colonels. It's more the county school boards silly division of districts at fault IMO than anyone elses. Kids ping pong between elementary and middle schools that are dual high school feeders. It's no wonder that when it comes time to go to high school, some kids choose to go against the administrations designations and stick with their friends. In the recent running back's case that you sight, the boy lived almost across the street from Dixie and yet was deemed by the county to be in Scott's district over five miles away!

the boy lived almost across the street from Dixie and yet was deemed by the county to be in Scott's district over five miles away!

 

Where does he live?

Where does he live?

 

I'm not sure who exactly SM32 is talking about, or where they live exactly, but the Dixie/Scott boundary line used to be somewhere around St. Pius./Hinsdale, which is maybe 2 miles (3 max) from Dixie.

Dixie is in today's Post, and there's a good article on Eastham. My only question though, is Benson getting moved to OLB? I thought he was one of the top MLB last year as a junior.

 

http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070725/SPT0402/707250313/1026/NEWS02

That is a great article on him. The post is wrong Benson is the MLB and Eastham is the OLB.

That is a nice article. Good luck to the young man (except when he's playing the Birds of course:jump: )

It's nice to see him get the recognition for a great career up until now, I expect great things from him this season. His older brother Mark was an excellent ball player for Dixie too and as I remember it, he had a similar attitude. Laying out nasty bone jaring make you wanna cringe hits runs in his family.

 

Usually the QB gets all the glory, and with Joey Bricking coming back who has been starting since his sophmore year, I almost expected to get the same old same old at the start of the year. Joe's going to be one of the top QB's in NKY this season, and will undoubtedly get a lot of press.

I sincerely hope that Daniel's work ethic has rubbed off on some of the other guys as well. Those that have read my posts over the years know that I preach to my Dixie boys often about what it takes to get to the next level and bring home a state championship. It's nice to know that at least one of them gets it. Keep up the hard work Daniel, it'll pay off in the long run.

 

 

1-2-3 DIXIE PRIDE!

It's nice to see him get the recognition for a great career up until now, I expect great things from him this season. His older brother Mark was an excellent ball player for Dixie too and as I remember it, he had a similar attitude. Laying out nasty bone jaring make you wanna cringe hits runs in his family.

 

Usually the QB gets all the glory, and with Joey Bricking coming back who has been starting since his sophmore year, I almost expected to get the same old same old at the start of the year. Joe's going to be one of the top QB's in NKY this season, and will undoubtedly get a lot of press.

I sincerely hope that Daniel's work ethic has rubbed off on some of the other guys as well. Those that have read my posts over the years know that I preach to my Dixie boys often about what it takes to get to the next level and bring home a state championship. It's nice to know that at least one of them gets it. Keep up the hard work Daniel, it'll pay off in the long run.

 

 

1-2-3 DIXIE PRIDE!

 

 

Nice post SM32. Daniel has been a pleasure to be around and watch play. I also guarantee you that my son is another that "gets it".

It's nice to see him get the recognition for a great career up until now, I expect great things from him this season. His older brother Mark was an excellent ball player for Dixie too and as I remember it, he had a similar attitude. Laying out nasty bone jaring make you wanna cringe hits runs in his family.

 

Usually the QB gets all the glory, and with Joey Bricking coming back who has been starting since his sophmore year, I almost expected to get the same old same old at the start of the year. Joe's going to be one of the top QB's in NKY this season, and will undoubtedly get a lot of press.

I sincerely hope that Daniel's work ethic has rubbed off on some of the other guys as well. Those that have read my posts over the years know that I preach to my Dixie boys often about what it takes to get to the next level and bring home a state championship. It's nice to know that at least one of them gets it. Keep up the hard work Daniel, it'll pay off in the long run.

 

 

1-2-3 DIXIE PRIDE!

 

 

It's nice to see Daniel E .get his Rec ! Congat's to him !!! But this is a TEAM and it should have been about the TEAM ! Theres alot of other players on this TEAM , that have worked there butts off ! Like 3 linemen that are 3 YR Starters that have Worked there BUTTS OFF ! A 3yr starting QB that had good passing yards ( 1500 to 2000 ? ) A good RB ( 3YR STARTER ) that had 1000 yd's plus ! A good DB/ WR that's also 3yr starter ! A very good K'ER ( 3 YR'S ) Also a LB that had 100 plus tackles ! ( 3 yr stater ) This is a TEAM , Make sure it stay 's a TEAM !!!! Let the PADS TALK and the BS walk !!!!:sssh: Stay TEAM , TEAM , TEAM ........... DIXIE PRIDE !!!!!:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.