Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Dixie Heights

Featured Replies

Do you know this as a fact?

 

Not yet but they will have turf fields soon. The only player that i can think of that was a huge impact player came to Dixie, played on one of the worst fields in the state, with no practice field, make shift locker rooms, and weight rooms for most if not all of his career. Since they got the new Facility they lost one of the best Football players in Kenton County Schools. He moved and he did not take advantage of Open enrollment.

 

My point is that Open enrollment has not had that great of benefit for the Football team as outsiders would like to believe. Once again Dixie can not recruit these kids because it is against the rules.

Yes, I do know this as a fact. We will see if this doesn't have an even greater impact in the future. After all, this was just the first season for the new facility. It still confuses me as to how a schoolboard could build that type of faciliy for one school and not all, and have open enrollment within their district. It also confuses me as to how one can believe that this doesn't give a given school an advantage. This is even before the facility was built, but didn't Dixie have a good tailback 4-5 years ago that lived within visual sight of Scott High?

  • Replies 149
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do know this as a fact. We will see if this doesn't have an even greater impact in the future. After all, this was just the first season for the new facility. It still confuses me as to how a schoolboard could build that type of faciliy for one school and not all, and have open enrollment within their district. It also confuses me as to how one can believe that this doesn't give a given school an advantage. This is even before the facility was built, but didn't Dixie have a good tailback 4-5 years ago that lived within visual sight of Scott High?[/QUOTE]

 

 

As I said they are going to put Turf on those two fields. If you read the Kenton County website they explain that because there is not enough room for practice facilities, so they decided on Turf,

 

He was actually a QB, he was the one I was speaking of.

 

I agree there is an advantage for Dixie over SK and Scott, but I don't think it is a turf field. (As I stated in another post) it is winning, but when players have shopped for different schools for winning puposes I would bet more have landed at Beechwood, Cov, Cath or Highlands then Dixie.

 

I just don't know how much control you think Dixie Heights has over weather Johnny the great athlete is going to choose Dixie over the others.

Yes, I do know this as a fact. We will see if this doesn't have an even greater impact in the future. After all, this was just the first season for the new facility. It still confuses me as to how a schoolboard could build that type of faciliy for one school and not all, and have open enrollment within their district. It also confuses me as to how one can believe that this doesn't give a given school an advantage. This is even before the facility was built, but didn't Dixie have a good tailback 4-5 years ago that lived within visual sight of Scott High?[/QUOTE]

 

 

As I said they are going to put Turf on those two fields. If you read the Kenton County website they explain that because there is not enough room for practice facilities, so they decided on Turf,

 

He was actually a QB, he was the one I was speaking of.

 

I agree there is an advantage for Dixie over SK and Scott, but I don't think it is a turf field. (As I stated in another post) it is winning, but when players have shopped for different schools for winning puposes I would bet more have landed at Beechwood, Cov, Cath or Highlands then Dixie.

 

I just don't know how much control you think Dixie Heights has over weather Johnny the great athlete is going to choose Dixie over the others.

If the coach chooses to use what he has at his disposal, it can make a great deal of difference. When you can attend the local middle school and peewee games and practices as a nuetral prospective coach, it can help attendance.

If the coach chooses to use what he has at his disposal, it can make a great deal of difference. When you can attend the local middle school and peewee games and practices as a nuetral prospective coach, it can help attendance.

 

Which is ?

 

I believe that were several youth league and middle school games played at Dixie, I could see this helping, but I still don't know what The coach can do short of cheating to convince kids to come to Dixie. Coach Spritzky was my coach and I know he wouldn't cheat.

Yes, I do know this as a fact. We will see if this doesn't have an even greater impact in the future. After all, this was just the first season for the new facility. It still confuses me as to how a schoolboard could build that type of faciliy for one school and not all, and have open enrollment within their district. It also confuses me as to how one can believe that this doesn't give a given school an advantage. This is even before the facility was built, but didn't Dixie have a good tailback 4-5 years ago that lived within visual sight of Scott High?[/QUOTE]

 

 

As I said they are going to put Turf on those two fields. If you read the Kenton County website they explain that because there is not enough room for practice facilities, so they decided on Turf,

 

He was actually a QB, he was the one I was speaking of.

 

I agree there is an advantage for Dixie over SK and Scott, but I don't think it is a turf field. (As I stated in another post) it is winning, but when players have shopped for different schools for winning puposes I would bet more have landed at Beechwood, Cov, Cath or Highlands then Dixie.

 

I just don't know how much control you think Dixie Heights has over weather Johnny the great athlete is going to choose Dixie over the others.

 

At least we can agree that Dixie has an advantage of some type. I agree that Dixie's winning record is one of those advantages and more power to them for doing so. As to the facilities creating an advantage, I think it does help to some extent attract the kids to Dixie; but how much is certainly hard to quantify.

 

As you and others have mentioned, some kids have chosen to attend Highlands, CovCath and Beechwood. But there is certainly a cost to doing so; whereas they can choose to attend Dixie at no additional cost. Getting this thread back somewhat to the original tangent :jump:, I believe that Dixie can compete with CovCath and Highlands in the district and that people at Dixie should not be complaining about having to play those two schools. With the requisite committment to football, I think Dixie should be able to attract the better student athletes throughout Kenton County. Of course they can't outright recruit them, but then again, neither Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood outright recruits. Rather the program recruits based on past success and current committment to winning state. I firmly believe that Dixie's program should be able to do the same. Heck, by playing and beating CovCath and Highlands, Dixie should be able to get the Kenton Co. kids to choose Dixie over CovCath and Highlands. And I believe that by playing CovCath and Highlands it will raise the bar at Dixie.

 

Over the last several years, I've heard a lot of Dixie supporters justify the losses to Highlands by the fact that Dixie doesn't peak early and is often times not in good physical condition early in the season; rather Dixie looks at the early part of the season as almost scrimmage games as they do not matter in district competition. Assuming those supporters to be accurate, this year I expect Dixie to be much more competitive with Highlands (and maybe even be the favorite with all the starters returning at Dixie) since Dixie does not play Highlands until I think around mid season and since the game will be a district game and will matter. And as stated above, if Dixie starts beating us and CovCath, even on a semiregular basis, I do think the Kenton Co. kids that otherwise would have considered CovCath or Highlands, will choose Dixie for cost and convenience issues.

[/b]

 

At least we can agree that Dixie has an advantage of some type. I agree that Dixie's winning record is one of those advantages and more power to them for doing so. As to the facilities creating an advantage, I think it does help to some extent attract the kids to Dixie; but how much is certainly hard to quantify.

 

As you and others have mentioned, some kids have chosen to attend Highlands, CovCath and Beechwood. But there is certainly a cost to doing so; whereas they can choose to attend Dixie at no additional cost. Getting this thread back somewhat to the original tangent :jump:, I believe that Dixie can compete with CovCath and Highlands in the district and that people at Dixie should not be complaining about having to play those two schools. With the requisite committment to football, I think Dixie should be able to attract the better student athletes throughout Kenton County. Of course they can't outright recruit them, but then again, neither Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood outright recruits. Rather the program recruits based on past success and current committment to winning state. I firmly believe that Dixie's program should be able to do the same. Heck, by playing and beating CovCath and Highlands, Dixie should be able to get the Kenton Co. kids to choose Dixie over CovCath and Highlands. And I believe that by playing CovCath and Highlands it will raise the bar at Dixie.

 

Over the last several years, I've heard a lot of Dixie supporters justify the losses to Highlands by the fact that Dixie doesn't peak early and is often times not in good physical condition early in the season; rather Dixie looks at the early part of the season as almost scrimmage games as they do not matter in district competition. Assuming those supporters to be accurate, this year I expect Dixie to be much more competitive with Highlands (and maybe even be the favorite with all the starters returning at Dixie) since Dixie does not play Highlands until I think around mid season and since the game will be a district game and will matter. And as stated above, if Dixie starts beating us and CovCath, even on a semiregular basis, I do think the Kenton Co. kids that otherwise would have considered CovCath or Highlands, will choose Dixie for cost and convenience issues.

 

I agree 100% :thumb:

WIN......... and they will come.:thumb:

[/b]

 

At least we can agree that Dixie has an advantage of some type. I agree that Dixie's winning record is one of those advantages and more power to them for doing so. As to the facilities creating an advantage, I think it does help to some extent attract the kids to Dixie; but how much is certainly hard to quantify.

 

As you and others have mentioned, some kids have chosen to attend Highlands, CovCath and Beechwood. But there is certainly a cost to doing so; whereas they can choose to attend Dixie at no additional cost. Getting this thread back somewhat to the original tangent :jump:, I believe that Dixie can compete with CovCath and Highlands in the district and that people at Dixie should not be complaining about having to play those two schools. With the requisite committment to football, I think Dixie should be able to attract the better student athletes throughout Kenton County. Of course they can't outright recruit them, but then again, neither Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood outright recruits. Rather the program recruits based on past success and current committment to winning state. I firmly believe that Dixie's program should be able to do the same. Heck, by playing and beating CovCath and Highlands, Dixie should be able to get the Kenton Co. kids to choose Dixie over CovCath and Highlands. And I believe that by playing CovCath and Highlands it will raise the bar at Dixie.

 

Over the last several years, I've heard a lot of Dixie supporters justify the losses to Highlands by the fact that Dixie doesn't peak early and is often times not in good physical condition early in the season; rather Dixie looks at the early part of the season as almost scrimmage games as they do not matter in district competition. Assuming those supporters to be accurate, this year I expect Dixie to be much more competitive with Highlands (and maybe even be the favorite with all the starters returning at Dixie) since Dixie does not play Highlands until I think around mid season and since the game will be a district game and will matter. And as stated above, if Dixie starts beating us and CovCath, even on a semiregular basis, I do think the Kenton Co. kids that otherwise would have considered CovCath or Highlands, will choose Dixie for cost and convenience issues.

 

 

 

Well said Leatherneck. To be the best you must play the best. Take notice of what hard work and dedication will do for you.

Simon Kenton and Scott both have ZERO out of area enrolled football player. Dixie has a huge advantage over those two schools. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't notice that Kenton county schools built a new football facility at Scott or SK. If you think that doesn't attract perspective athletes from around the county, you are living in fantasy land.

 

I think you better look at that 0 number again ! Kenton Co also offers its school employee there choice of schools they wish to attend . I do believe this is a form of open enrollment . I know of others that play , that if there not open enrolled , well enough said ! Dixie does have the new Sports Facility now , but look what they had for years ! I for one couldn't find the pool , track , baseball field , scoccer field , practice field , field locker rooms and for the longest time , GRASS ON THE FIELD !!! The only thing that was done for Dixie , is giving them what the other two schools had for years ! Answer me this , how many coaches has SK and Scott had since Spritzky took over at Dixie ?

[/b]

 

At least we can agree that Dixie has an advantage of some type. I agree that Dixie's winning record is one of those advantages and more power to them for doing so. As to the facilities creating an advantage, I think it does help to some extent attract the kids to Dixie; but how much is certainly hard to quantify.

 

As you and others have mentioned, some kids have chosen to attend Highlands, CovCath and Beechwood. But there is certainly a cost to doing so; whereas they can choose to attend Dixie at no additional cost. Getting this thread back somewhat to the original tangent :jump:, I believe that Dixie can compete with CovCath and Highlands in the district and that people at Dixie should not be complaining about having to play those two schools. With the requisite committment to football, I think Dixie should be able to attract the better student athletes throughout Kenton County. Of course they can't outright recruit them, but then again, neither Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood outright recruits. Rather the program recruits based on past success and current committment to winning state. I firmly believe that Dixie's program should be able to do the same. Heck, by playing and beating CovCath and Highlands, Dixie should be able to get the Kenton Co. kids to choose Dixie over CovCath and Highlands. And I believe that by playing CovCath and Highlands it will raise the bar at Dixie.

 

Over the last several years, I've heard a lot of Dixie supporters justify the losses to Highlands by the fact that Dixie doesn't peak early and is often times not in good physical condition early in the season; rather Dixie looks at the early part of the season as almost scrimmage games as they do not matter in district competition. Assuming those supporters to be accurate, this year I expect Dixie to be much more competitive with Highlands (and maybe even be the favorite with all the starters returning at Dixie) since Dixie does not play Highlands until I think around mid season and since the game will be a district game and will matter. And as stated above, if Dixie starts beating us and CovCath, even on a semiregular basis, I do think the Kenton Co. kids that otherwise would have considered CovCath or Highlands, will choose Dixie for cost and convenience issues.

 

:thumb: I'll agree with most of it. Just not the being the favorite against Highlands or CovCath this year ! :sssh:

I don't think that any of those teams petitioned to move up to AAA. There is nothing wrong with moving up a class to increase your competition level. It doesn't make sense to deny it. Dixie, although a public school, has open enrollment. This is an advantage that should allow them to compete with the big boys across the state. If Dixie would have petitioned in time to move up to AAAAAA, then they would have been accepted. They didn't ask for this to happen till they found out Highlands and Cov were going to be in their district.

 

Those teams COULD NOT petition to move up in class because there was no such thing as being allowed to play up in class in those years. Teams HAD to play in the class according to their numbers.

 

Now there is such an option but those schools had no option. Why now is my question? If everyone makes the playoffs, why the concern with travel now?

They return quite a bit. On offense, they return Bricking (QB), Moloney (RB), Day (FB), Eastham got time at TE last year behind Stalkamp, Carter (WR), Detmer (WR), Lucas (WR/RB), Freeman (OL), and Koski (OL). Jett returns as the punter and kicker. On defense, they return Freeman (DL), Koski (DL), Benson (LB), Eastham (LB), Vu saw time at (LB), Carter (DB), Day (DL), Moloney played some DB, and Detmer (S). Sorry if I left anyone out. Also, I look for some underclassmen to step up this year as last year's freshman squad was strong. I don't think you'll see the bickering on the sideline this year, or at least you shouldn't. Heck, they were undefeated at home last year, hopefully the can do the same next year. ;)

 

Great start 1:thumb: I'll try to add a few that started or played alot . Also afew that could surprise next season ! On " O " , Sanders (OL) Ayres (OL) Highhouse (OL) . Jett if they let him play WR ! ( He can fly , big time ! ) Brock (RB) Braun (WR) . On "D" I'll go with Wulfeck (OLB) Very FAST ! C. Johnson (DB/S) That kid has Heart and Loves the Big Hit ! ( WR also ) Walls (DL) And I know there's one or two more I can't think of . Also there's 2 or 3 Soph's I don't know there names yet , but will play alot next year ! There's also a fresh or two moving up I think that could start or play alot next season !:thumb:

Great start 1:thumb: I'll try to add a few that started or played alot . Also afew that could surprise next season ! On " O " , Sanders (OL) Ayres (OL) Highhouse (OL) . Jett if they let him play WR ! ( He can fly , big time ! ) Brock (RB) Braun (WR) . On "D" I'll go with Wulfeck (OLB) Very FAST ! C. Johnson (DB/S) That kid has Heart and Loves the Big Hit ! ( WR also ) Walls (DL) And I know there's one or two more I can't think of . Also there's 2 or 3 Soph's I don't know there names yet , but will play alot next year ! There's also a fresh or two moving up I think that could start or play alot next season !:thumb:

 

 

Thanks for the added info. I knew I'd leave some out. :thumb:

Guys lets guit arguing over open enrollment,because right now Dixie does have an advantage over Scott and SK because of the new sports facility and no one can say they don't. I have been in meetings with the high ups in the county and expressed this before whether you want to believe it or not the facilities is an advantage over the other 2 schools in the county. I don't really care about that all I care about is my own , and if kids want to go to another school other than the one they are supposed to attend so be it.I believe Dixie deserved the new sports facilities. As far as recruiting it is done whether you believe it or not I will leave it at that. So lets drop all the wars about facilities and what kid should be going to what school and just take care of our own and hope we have a good 2007 season because I can't wait til it starts.

Guys lets guit arguing over open enrollment,because right now Dixie does have an advantage over Scott and SK because of the new sports facility and no one can say they don't. I have been in meetings with the high ups in the county and expressed this before whether you want to believe it or not the facilities is an advantage over the other 2 schools in the county. I don't really care about that all I care about is my own , and if kids want to go to another school other than the one they are supposed to attend so be it.I believe Dixie deserved the new sports facilities. As far as recruiting it is done whether you believe it or not I will leave it at that. So lets drop all the wars about facilities and what kid should be going to what school and just take care of our own and hope we have a good 2007 season because I can't wait til it starts.

 

That is a very serious statement.

I think you would like to believe it happens but name me one palyer Dixie has Recruited. They come because they want to win just like for those that choose Beechwood, Cov. Cath, or Highlands over Dixie.

 

I just don't see Coach Spritzky cheating. If you have other info please do tell.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.