Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frankfort at Rockcastle County (Cancelled)

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Like I said take it as you will. But there is a lot wrong with things downtown. This podcast to me sheds light into the current state of your program. If I was a Frankfort fan, I would be on the phone with the school about this embarrassment. The link was shared with me by two people both in different area codes, So not state maybe just region.

I'd probably worry about Franklin County if I were in your shoes, but that's just me. We appreciate your continued support of Frankfort Athletics, though. 

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hip-Hop Box
    Hip-Hop Box

    They're still high school kids. Yogi hasn't been here a good 4 months and we expect him to change the culture with the snap of his fingers...?

  • Why was Rockcastle playing this game in the first place? 

  • Obviously too late to add an opponent for Rockcastle County this week but it does appear Ballard Memorial, Doss, and Mayfield have October 6 open and don't have a full ten-game slate.

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'd probably worry about Franklin County if I were in your shoes, but that's just me. We appreciate your continued support of Frankfort Athletics, though. 

It hard to turn away from a trainwreck. 

Can someone post the podcast link? 

7 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Like I said take it as you will. But there is a lot wrong with things downtown. This podcast to me sheds light into the current state of your program. If I was a Frankfort fan, I would be on the phone with the school about this embarrassment. The link was shared with me by two people both in different area codes, So not state maybe just region.

They're still high school kids. Yogi hasn't been here a good 4 months and we expect him to change the culture with the snap of his fingers...?

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I'd probably worry about Franklin County if I were in your shoes, but that's just me. We appreciate your continued support of Frankfort Athletics, though. 

You can say that part again.

1 hour ago, wingt51 said:

You can say that part again.

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'd probably worry about Franklin County if I were in your shoes, but that's just me. We appreciate your continued support of Frankfort Athletics, though. 

 ? So what is going on at County?

Spirits got to be high within those communities with Hills 2-0 and Franklin Co.  2-0, sad to see Coach Davis at 0-2* but think he will get things turned around soon. 

Can someone educate us on the last time Frankfort had to Forfeit? Any time you have to surrender this early in the season it doesn’t look good for a team or their season! Hoping Coach Davis can get it turned around for the kids!

Unfortunately, this is what happens when a group of individuals believe they know what’s best but don’t know the logistics of a program or what truly is required to hold it together! Good Luck to the Dirty 30 the rest of the way! 

For all of us old timers I believe Bellevue and Frankfort may have met for a state championship back in the 70s. Both have fallen on hard times lately. Hope each of them can right the ship. So many of these Class A city schools have witnessed big drops in attendance in recent years.

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

For all of us old timers I believe Bellevue and Frankfort may have met for a state championship back in the 70s. Both have fallen on hard times lately. Hope each of them can right the ship. So many of these Class A city schools have witnessed big drops in attendance in recent years.

Bellevue coached by Bill Baldridge defeated Frankfort coached by Raymond Webb 21-0 at EKU in 1977. Bumped into Bellevue LB Jack Hurtt at the Fort Thomas Farmers Market a couple weeks ago......he just retired this year from Coca-Cola. Makes an old teacher/coach feel REALLY old lol.

Maybe the coach suspended the players for the podcast and that’s why they don’t have enough players to play this game a good coach certainly wouldn’t make it public if that was the case.

2 hours ago, Hard Work said:

Unfortunately, this is what happens when a group of individuals believe they know what’s best but don’t know the logistics of a program or what truly is required to hold it together!

Care to elaborate?

  • Author

I agree that canceling a scrimmage then 3 weeks later you have to cancel a game is not a good look. Gives the appearance that the ship is taking on water fast. 

The first issue is the schedule. The AD did the scheduling and didn't listen others trying to help her. But she is inexperienced. 

As for the Podcast it another example of poor decisions by young people. I would hope the adults handle it.

  • Author
11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll never understand the recycling of coaches that goes on in Frankfort. 

The pool of coaches in the City of Frankfort isn't very deep. Although City of Frankfort has a very deep pool of former High School athlete's majority of them can't pass a background check.

Coach Davis struggled to find coaches to fill out his coaching staff. As you are aware the district probably only has 40 teaching positions in the entire district. So, ability to bring coaches in is difficult. 

I think this was to be expected especially when you stop playing football at the middle school level a few years ago, they had to know this would happen down the road. It looks like they are now down that road.

Wishing Frankfort the best as they try to turn the season around!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.