2023 Saint Xavier Tigers

15 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Start out with a W?

I'm not a fan of playing Floyd Central since they aren't good, but I think the schedule overall has enough tough teams that starting with a cup cake won't hurt especially since they scrimmage Frederick Douglass the week before. 

I just think not many teams signing up to play St X.  I know St. X tried to move another of their games on this schedule to a different week and couldn't because neither could find another team to play in that late slot.

Floyd said they would play; so at some point you have to put your cards on the table and go with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Purple88 said:

@Tigerpride94 Havill looks good, but all I see in that picture is those dreaded away bleachers!!!!!

Killer!  Can you build me an upper deck over there?  It's tough being an away X fan!  Laughing and joking (a little.  Ha!)!

Lol. I guess they could have cut into parking lot area to make room for larger stands on the visitor side plus having track around field took up more space. Facility holds 6,000 but has had 9,000 with standing room only. Bowling Green is similar with the large home side and smaller visitors side.

3 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Lol. I guess they could have cut into parking lot area to make room for larger stands on the visitor side plus having track around field took up more space. Facility holds 6,000 but has had 9,000 with standing room only. Bowling Green is similar with the large home side and smaller visitors side.

Dixie Heights has the same type of visiting bleachers. Most visiting team fans don't even sit in them at Dixie but there are always plenty of seats available in the main bleachers at Dixie. That probably is not the case at St. X and BG.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheConch said:

How many guys at St. X on this years team currently hold D1 offers? 

I know DL Ashton Jones has offer from Army, some Ivy League schools, UAB, and Fordham, and probably some other schools I can't remember. Not sure of others. I could see WR Marlon Harbin getting offers eventually since he started as a freshman last year. DB James Burnett will be D1 in track since he has long jumped 23 feet and last week ran 49.46 in 400m and he's just a sophomore. QB Trevor Havill is going to Ohio State for Lacrosse.

• Like 2