Clay Clevenger: New Somerset Coach

Jumper_Dad

10 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I've always kind of rooted for Danville except when they played Boyle.  But I hope while Coach Clevenger is there, they beat the brakes off of Danville.  Sorry @DanvilleFan.

Honestly, I might even be rooting for Somerset in those games.  Makes me a bad fan, I guess, but might have to make an exception in this case!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

I should also add that Somerset has made some great hires in recent years for its athletic programs, benefitting from other districts getting rid of great coaches.  They also did this with girl's basketball a few years ago.

I have an 8 year old daughter who started playing basketball last season.  We've went to all the girl's games that I've been off for the last 2 seasons.  Coach McWhorter is an excellent coach.  I'm not going to complain about nearby schools gifting us great coaches by not realizing what they have.   I don't think Garrard did the same with Coach Young, but I really like him as well.  AD Burkett has done a great job having to make all these hires within his first year and a half of taking over the job.   

• Like 2

From some of the new district projections I've seen Somerset and Danville are in a different district.  I'd love to see them play each other every year now for sure.  Talk about pressure on Danville's Parks and Administration! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

From some of the new district projections I've seen Somerset and Danville are in a different district.  I'd love to see them play each other every year now for sure.  Talk about pressure on Danville's Parks and Administration! 

I think even if they are in different districts, which I'd hate to see because Somerset-Danville are great rivals, there's going to be pressure anyway if Clevenger does really well and the Ads struggle over the next few seasons.

Very happy for Clay. We've been friends for a long time and have talked alot over the past few years.... especially in regards to going back to your hometown and being the head football coach... presents a special set of challenges.

The Briar Jumpers got them a good one!

• Like 2