Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 63 Kentucky 53

Featured Replies

That was hard to watch. UK's offensive spacing and plays in general just suck. They run nothing to get the shooters open looks. The sad thing is, this team can actually shoot the three. They should be trying to take advantage of that. I really don't see a light at the end of the tunnel this year. It seems like a lot of individual talent on this team that just doesn't fit together well.  And Cal won't alter his approach to take advantage of their strengths.  

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

  • Basically, I agree. I honestly think most the problem is Wheeler. It’s a cluttered mess with him running things.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That was hard to watch. UK's offensive spacing and plays in general just suck. They run nothing to get the shooters open looks. The sad thing is, this team can actually shoot the three. They should be trying to take advantage of that. I really don't see a light at the end of the tunnel this year. It seems like a lot of individual talent on this team that just doesn't fit together well.  And Cal won't alter his approach to take advantage of their strengths.  

Basically, I agree. I honestly think most the problem is Wheeler. It’s a cluttered mess with him running things.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

This is where I’ve been for a while. I think the UK-Auburn game in the Elite Eight In 2019 was the turning point for me, but the failure of the 2015 perfect team in the Final Four was the beginning of the end. I haven’t watched many games in their entirety since then. 

Cal has a lot of responsibility to shoulder with this team.  CJ Fredrick's play isn't one of them.  He's just in over his head and probably some mental adversity as bugs said.

43 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Dude has been through several big time injuries. Maybe he's just better suited at a program like Iowa.

Given that UK has Reeves, there's kinda not a reason for Frederick to be here. Has nothing to do with schemes. 

All of this. 

  • Author

Playing some zone would help whenever Wheeler or CJ are in the game but the smartest coach that ever lived won’t do it, I really think it’s because he’s not confident in his ability to teach it.  I remember a while back Cal said we spent the whole 2 hours of practice today playing zone, obviously that was a wasted 2 hr practice!

Its getting tougher to defend Caliapri

But it's still on the players and the coach. Some of the passes to get the ball inside to Tshiebwe today were atrocious, thus so many turnovers. Wide open looks not getting knocked down in the first half.

I actually liked him using Ware how he was and Livingston but Wheeler needed to sit and let someone taller guard Campbell. He was getting in the lane and tossing it up over Wheeler and often times falling.

Wallace and Reeves were 3-15 from deep and many were wide open looks. 

Team was 5-13 from the free throw line, including 0-4 from Tshiebwe, who shoots 70%. Guess Caliapri should do more shooting drills in practice.

3 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I don't think they are super-talented.  They look better on paper than they actually are on the floor.

I have said that for awhile now.  These scouting services are trash talk.

3 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I thought Wallace and Livingston would both be better than they are.  And I didn't expect Fredrick to be a complete non-factor either.

You read too many press clipping about him and Cal won't dare to draw up any plays for him.

3 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

Fred was never one that could score in the up and down game

Someone mentioned Cal should have recruited shooters. Problem is those shooters, apparently can’t shoot against good teams. Reeves and Frederick are suppose to be shooters and both have shot really bad against the good teams. Fredrick couldn’t even stay on his feet the few minutes he played today. 
 

People definitely have reason to be frustrated, and people are correct about Cal and his offense. His offensive system simply is a struggle, and nothing comes easy. I don’t think UK got a truly good shot at the basket in the last four minutes of the game. 
 

I will say Cal seems to struggle more when he tries to use a lot of players. The only year him using a lot of players worked was 2015. Other than that he seems to struggle to figure out a rotation he likes when he has a lot of players. So makes it harder for players to really get settled into a role. 
 

I believe Livingston finally showed some of his potential tonight. I think at this point you have to start allowing him to get a lot more minutes. I would like to see a lineup of Wallace, Reeves, Livingston, Toppin, and Oscar. Then go small at times and bring Wheeler and Fredricks in and go with Wheeler, Fredrick, Reeves, Livingston, and Oscar. Which Cal probably would have to adjust and to a little more Zone with that lineup. 

13 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I would like to see a lineup of Wallace, Reeves, Livingston, Toppin, and Oscar.

Call me crazy but at this point, I'm almost liking that lineup more with Keion Brooks instead of Toppin.

12 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The passing to the interior was atrocious in the first half. So many wide open looks missed too.

When is Toppin supposed to start his breakout season?

In about 3-4 years. Probably D league.

12 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

This team is clueless, after 10 games they have no identity, no leadership, and a very sub par coach with a lifetime contract. How much longer are true Ky basketball fans going to have to tolerate this? And been happening for a long time.

As long as they keep winning recruiting season.......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.