Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 63 Kentucky 53

Featured Replies

Final another subpar game vs a quality opponent. They have played 4 good teams and are now 1-3.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

  • Basically, I agree. I honestly think most the problem is Wheeler. It’s a cluttered mess with him running things.

Posted Images

  • Author

I don't understand how a team with the talent that Kentucky has can play a game and shoot 32% from the field and only 38% from the foul line and commit 17 turnovers. Hey but we will look good on Wednesday vs FAMU heck even Louisville beat them. lol

The passing to the interior was atrocious in the first half. So many wide open looks missed too.

When is Toppin supposed to start his breakout season?

About what I expected. I didn’t understand why everyone was predicting UK would hit 70+ points. 

Here’s the thing with Wheeler. People always counter my frustration with him that he is one of the country’s leading assist getters. Good example, he had six assists this game. Problem is, I can only think of one of those assists. I can remember all six of his turnovers. Classic good stat, bad team guy.

This team is clueless, after 10 games they have no identity, no leadership, and a very sub par coach with a lifetime contract. How much longer are true Ky basketball fans going to have to tolerate this? And been happening for a long time.

You know me, you know I don’t root for UK basketball.   But my better half does, and things are better all around when she’s happy. 
 

Here’s a suggestion for Cal and staff.  Recruit a couple of shooters.  It helps when you can score more points than the other guys. 

9 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I don't understand how a team with the talent that Kentucky has

I don't think they are super-talented.  They look better on paper than they actually are on the floor.

And as I have said since the preseason, this team will never seriously contend for anything while Wheeler is getting the minutes he's getting. 

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The passing to the interior was atrocious in the first half. So many wide open looks missed too.

When is Toppin supposed to start his breakout season?

I’ve been calling him “10 minute Toppin” because that’s about all he gives you every game. Ware was not scared of the moment.

When you boil this team down, you've got Oscar, a potential really good player in Wallace, & some role players.

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I don't think they are super-talented.  They look better on paper than they actually are on the floor.

Not very talented at all. But that wasn’t a mystery coming into the season.

2 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

When you boil this team down, you've got Oscar, a potential really good player in Wallace, & some role players.

If you rely on one-and-dones, you’d better know what you’re doing with the transfer portal. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

When you boil this team down, you've got Oscar, a potential really good player in Wallace, & some role players.

I've thought Livingston has had some real potential from.the beginning, so glad to see him get it going some but he's not gonna be a super star. If he can give you about what he did today every game, I am pleased.

Team needs a Fox, SGA, Wall or basically just a big aggressive PG.

Reeves missed a lot of open looks today.

The last pass by Toppin is inexcusable 

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

And as I have said since the preseason, this team will never seriously contend for anything while Wheeler is getting the minutes he's getting. 

Agree completely 

Glad to see Cal FINALLY let Livingston play through a few things and it showed in his production 

This team has played in the Bahamas, 2 scrimmages and now 10 games and has not gotten one bit better, does that fall on coaching??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.