Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 63 Kentucky 53

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

  • Basically, I agree. I honestly think most the problem is Wheeler. It’s a cluttered mess with him running things.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

If you rely on one-and-dones, you’d better know what you’re doing with the transfer portal. 

This team relies on one and done less that probably ever under Cal.

Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

The head coach is making 10 million per year, what is his role in fixing this problem? Can’t wait to see who he blames this one on, offense is useless and he won’t change anything, make excuses if you want but this comes back to one guy, our so called hall of famer.

17 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Not very talented at all. But that wasn’t a mystery coming into the season.

I thought Wallace and Livingston would both be better than they are.  And I didn't expect Fredrick to be a complete non-factor either.

6 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Anecdotally, the fan base is shifting from anger to apathy. That’s the quickest way to lose a program. Cal is walking a dangerous rope. 

I'm definitely at the apathy level.  I used to plan my day around UK games, but that hasn't happened in a while.  Probably the Duke game when they annihilated us.

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I thought Wallace and Livingston would both be better than they are.  And I didn't expect Fredrick to be a complete non-factor either.

Frederick is kinda surprising to me but he looked awful in his minutes today.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Frederick is kinda surprising to me but he looked awful in his minutes today.

Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Our view of him might have been biased because he played in our area.

But he was good at Iowa. I just think multiple injuries have hampered his ability and then a scheme that doesn’t play to his remaining strengths have finished him off. 

4 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

But he was good at Iowa. I just think multiple injuries have hampered his ability and then a scheme that doesn’t play to his remaining strengths have finished him off. 

And that’s pathetic to let that guy waste because of a coach unable to make change with the offensive scheme, shameful.

Toppin, Wallace, Reeves and Oscar combined to hit 10 of 48 shots. Everything else does not matter. Yeah a few were bad shots, but some were right at the rim or wide open on the perimeter and nothing fell. 

Once again UK struggled to hit shots when the game was tight. 

If you hold a team in the 60's today, you should be able to win...

17 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

And that’s pathetic to let that guy waste because of a coach unable to make change with the offensive scheme, shameful.

Dude has been through several big time injuries. Maybe he's just better suited at a program like Iowa.

Given that UK has Reeves, there's kinda not a reason for Frederick to be here. Has nothing to do with schemes. 

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Dude has been through several big time injuries. Maybe he's just better suited at a program like Iowa.

Given that UK has Reeves, there's kinda not a reason for Frederick to be here. Has nothing to do with schemes. 

I knew the excuses would come, Frederick is one of the best shooters in the nation at Iowa and at Ky., why not try and get him a look at the basket every now and then, he didn’t have that problem at Iowa, Cal isn’t smart enough to realize that, just facts.

8 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

I knew the excuses would come, Frederick is one of the best shooters in the nation at Iowa and at Ky., why not try and get him a look at the basket every now and then, he didn’t have that problem at Iowa, Cal isn’t smart enough to realize that, just facts.

He tripped over his own two feet and fumbled the ball away the two times he touched it tonight.

I'm not making any excuses, Reeves is just a better basketball player at this point in their careers, that's what is fact. So I agree with you, run things for Reeves, he just wasn't hitting.

Frederick looks like a shell of himself when he was at Iowa. Injuries have been detrimental to his collegiate career.

5 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

I knew the excuses would come, Frederick is one of the best shooters in the nation at Iowa and at Ky., why not try and get him a look at the basket every now and then, he didn’t have that problem at Iowa, Cal isn’t smart enough to realize that, just facts.

Not sure if you caught any of the first 6 or 7 games, but CJ was getting a lot of run and was not delivering. 
 

I believe a lot of his issues are mental and being on a MUCH bigger stage than playing at Iowa. I would be willing to bet in practice he tears it up from behind the arc. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.