Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

Who will be the 4A State Champion? 101 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the 4A State Champion?

    • Boyle County
      62%
      63
    • Corbin
      37%
      38

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, WestDanville said:

They’ll be motivated, no worries. 

That's my point.  I don't think an opinion by someone that is not even a fan of your opponent will make a whit of difference, to anyone except you--and certainly isn't going to end up on a bulletin board. 

  • Replies 277
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Because Boyle County.

  • I would think Bowling Green.   They are playing some really good ball now and IMO a lot better team than earlier in the year when we played them.  

  • What is this Boyle's 5th. State Championship game in the last 6 years (17, 19, 20, 21, 22) and Coach Haddix's 5th ( 17, 18, 20, 21, 22) in last 6 years also.  Very Impressive!  Not to change anyt

Posted Images

14 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

Overall I think that Corbin has the tougher, stronger, and more hard-nosed guys on the offensive side of the ball and it will give the Boyle defense fits. 

 

Corbin-40

Boyle-21

Corbin very well could win this game, but I can't imagine any team putting up 40 on Boyle's defense.

12 hours ago, know your role said:

Boyle will be the best team Corbin plays this year. Corbin would be at best third best team Boyle has played. That doesn’t mean Boyle wins (lex cath) but I’ll take my chances with Haddix and his crew. If nothing else they’re battle 

Just now, Thakattack said:
12 hours ago, know your role said:

Boyle will be the best team Corbin plays this year. Corbin would be at best third best team Boyle has played. That doesn’t mean Boyle wins (lex cath) but I’ll take my chances with Haddix and his crew. If nothing else they’re battle 

In the Regional Final round Boyle played 5 of the teams that were left.  Douglass, Bryan Station, Henderson County, Lex Catholic and Bowling Green.  Two of those teams will be playing for a state championship this weekend.  So how is Corbin the third best team Boyle will play?

What was the best team Corbin played in the regular season?

I’m a homer so let’s get that out first.  I have watched Boyle play some of the toughest in the state this year 5 of the 10 regular season matchups went on to the regional final round.  Two of those same teams will be playing for a state championship this weekend.   The only game so far I have been concerned with is Lex Catholic due to their qb and wr.    We beat them when it counted.   I have seen opposing teams shy away from our defense.  I have seen our defense take the best punch from the opposing team and shut them down.   It should be a good game.  As a fan I’m not worried about Corbin.  I respect them but believe the boys in black and gold are I’ll pull it off one more time.    These guys are focused and ready to go.  
BC 30. Corbin 21

14 hours ago, Hatz said:

How is the unbeaten #1 ranked team the underdog????

The poll has it 32-16 in favor of Boyle and I think most people on here expect Boyle to win so that’s how I figure it to be a upset.

1 hour ago, Thakattack said:

In the Regional Final round Boyle played 5 of the teams that were left.  Douglass, Bryan Station, Henderson County, Lex Catholic and Bowling Green.  Two of those teams will be playing for a state championship this weekend.  So how is Corbin the third best team Boyle will play?

What was the best team Corbin played in the regular season?

I said “at best the third best team Boyle plays this year” I believe the rebels will win. However any slip ups might result in another lex cath scenario. Aside from something like that it’s hard to pick against Boyle 

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

The poll has it 32-16 in favor of Boyle and I think most people on here expect Boyle to win so that’s how I figure it to be a upset.

Polls on message boards are more influenced by available fan bases.  

RPI, Calpreps, record; all point to the title as Corbin's to lose.  The Hounds ARE NOT the underdog by any stretch of the imagination.  

4 hours ago, Hatz said:

Polls on message boards are more influenced by available fan bases.  

RPI, Calpreps, record; all point to the title as Corbin's to lose.  The Hounds ARE NOT the underdog by any stretch of the imagination.  

And that’s your opinion but that’s not my opinion and I do get one by the way just because you don’t see it the same way doesn’t mean you are right it also doesn’t mean I’m right but in my OPINION I think if Corbin wins then most people on here would consider it an upset.

I think Corbin's secondary is the weakness link of there team, I can see Quisenberry having a big night receiving, give me Boyle County 28-17. 

Give me Boyle County. Corbin is very good, but they aren’t as good defensively as Boyle, so I think the Rebels pull off the win. 
Boyle 35-21 

Corbin Big.

Boyle Co. 34-21.

It's hard to go against Boyle County on the big stage, so the Rebels get my vote. But this looks ultra competitive on paper and has the makings of an instant classic. 

Kade Elam's maturation at quarterback for Corbin has been impressive for a sophomore. He's only been picked off three times this year and completes 72% of his throws. His touchdown/interception ratio is 8/0 in Corbin's last three games, all against ranked opponents. His season was made possible, in part, by the selflessness of Cameron Combs, who transitioned to running back after three years taking the snaps. That's a leader. He's been rewarded with a great season of his own. Keep your eyes peeled for a gadget play where Combs ends up throwing the football. He has no pass attempts this season, but again, three year starter at quarterback…

Watching Boyle's offensive line come together has been equally impressive. That unit was a question mark early on. Hardwick is healthy and Ziesmer's inclusion has added additional leadership and athleticism to that group. The ground game has responded accordingly. I don't expect them to run all over Corbin, but they can be effective enough to open up some shots downfield to Quisenberry. He always seems to get loose at some point and he's to good not to make an impact.

That impact will likely have to come through offensive touches or defense because I don't think he gets many, if any, good looks at kick returns this week. Jacob Baker is virtually automatic on touchbacks and Corbin will surely take measures to see that he doesn't get his hands on a punt. Baker is a weapon for Corbin that can nullify a weapon for Boyle. If Corbin wins, I think he plays a major role.

Both teams have kids that can make plays, but Boyle has the pedigree for this. I'll take the Rebels by a score.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.