Mayfield vs. Beechwood Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

Mayfield vs Beechwood for another title  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought Beechwood would win comfortably. I’ve never heard of a Beechwood team have this many penalties (crucial ones at that) in a half. To many missed open passes as well. Mayfield better figure out how to throw or Beechwood will pull away in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

I thought Beechwood would win comfortably. I’ve never heard of a Beechwood team have this many penalties (crucial ones at that) in a half. To many missed open passes as well. Mayfield better figure out how to throw or Beechwood will pull away in the 2nd half.

Beechwood has struggled pre snap on both sides of the ball.  It is something I never expect from a Beechwood football team. 

Mayfield hasn't adjusted to the power run game on Beechwood's heavy set.  #10 Robinson Jr. has been the difference through the air.  Both teams have had a 1st and goal and came out with missed FGs.  Still anyone's game.

• Like 1

Just now, FB Head said:

Mayfield hasn't adjusted to the power run game on Beechwood's heavy set.  #10 Robinson Jr. has been the difference through the air.  Both teams have had a 1st and goal and came out with missed FGs.  Still anyone's game.

I agree, anyone's game.

For Beechwood, they need to clean up the mistakes.  For Mayfield, they need to stop the run.

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

I agree, anyone's game.

For Beechwood, they need to clean up the mistakes.  For Mayfield, they need to stop the run.

I feel like Mayfield has been too cautious with their play call. Too many inside runs to me.  Looks like the ball got away from Cartwright in the INT.  He will have to step up in the 2nd half for Mayfield to have a chance. 

• Like 1