Franklin County 49 Warren East 21

jvdfc

Just now, FLYGUY said:

WE Coaches asked to end it. FC agreed. 

I think that’s a pretty responsible thing to do on both sides then. I don’t think there was anything to gain either way in proceeding so I don’t have an issue with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillNye said:

Warren East goes out 12-1 after a great season which saw them win their district for the first time in a decade and appear in a region championship for the first time in a decade. It was clear to me, once both teams settled in, that you could tell East was a team who had not been there before. The Flyers have and it showed. 

It was an outstanding season for the Raiders, and I hate that it ended in such an ugly way for that team, but there is a lot to build on out Louisville Rd. 

The experience paid off in the end. 

Congratulations to Franklin County!  They are a very good team.  They got out of the gate slowly this year but to their credit seem to get better each week now.  Good luck to them going forward.

For the Raiders, just a great season.  12-1 doesn't happened that often.  The future is really bright for them.  These are the kind of seasons and playoff runs that can make your program.  Congrats!

• Like 1

Okay guys, I have seen a really good look at the incident.  Number 57 for WE came off their sideline with no helmet on and just drilled a player for Franklin Co for no reason.  No Flyer players were able to respond because it was on the Flyer sideline and the coaches for the Flyers and team leaders did an amazing job of getting everybody back.   Number 57 just lost it.  So sad really, but stopping the game was a wise decision.  Time to forget that and get ready for Corbin.  Go Flyers!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Looks like someone needs to work on discipline within the program. Unbelievable. 

This. 100% agree. No reason for this. Speaks to culture and leadership. 

Also, who leaves an ejected player alone or in a situation where he can EXECUTE what he did? Where is the adult in charge of making sure that kid is watched/isolated?

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I don't know where the notion that the player was ejected started. I didn't see him ejected last night in real time and I don't see the referee indicate an ejection on the live feed after watching. If someone has evidence to the contrary, I will digress.

Warren East was punting from deep in their own territory so the majority of their kids and staff were there. The kid took off from the opposite end.

In terms of the scuffle its self it wasn't much of a brawl to me. Looked pretty common. I can't even really say that there was punches thrown based on replay. 

Lastly, there's really good people and coaches at Warren East, this is a really ugly way for it to end and you know this is not how they would have wanted it managed. Just an ugly moment.

21 minutes ago, BillNye said:

For what it's worth, I don't know where the notion that the player was ejected started. I didn't see him ejected last night in real time and I don't see the referee indicate an ejection on the live feed after watching. If someone has evidence to the contrary, I will digress.

Warren East was punting from deep in their own territory so the majority of their kids and staff were there. The kid took off from the opposite end.

In terms of the scuffle its self it wasn't much of a brawl to me. Looked pretty common. I can't even really say that there was punches thrown based on replay. 

Lastly, there's really good people and coaches at Warren East, this is a really ugly way for it to end and you know this is not how they would have wanted it managed. Just an ugly moment.

He was ejected, as you can see in this clip: Warren East vs Franklin County | KHSAA High School Football Playoffs - YouTube - #57 hits someone in the back well after the play.  You can see the white hat signal the personal foul, followed by the signal for ejection.

I don't know about punches, but there were two incidences of players running in at full speed to blast someone.  One was #57, the aforementioned ejected player.

And I agree, I know this is not what Warren East wanted, from the top down.  They're kids, and kids sometimes do dumb things.  Doesn't make it right, but I also don't think it's a sign that the East coaches encourage it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

He was ejected, as you can see in this clip: Warren East vs Franklin County | KHSAA High School Football Playoffs - YouTube - #57 hits someone in the back well after the play.  You can see the white hat signal the personal foul, followed by the signal for ejection.

I don't know about punches, but there were two incidences of players running in at full speed to blast someone.  One was #57, the aforementioned ejected player.

And I agree, I know this is not what Warren East wanted, from the top down.  They're kids, and kids sometimes do dumb things.  Doesn't make it right, but I also don't think it's a sign that the East coaches encourage it. 

Thanks for that. 

In terms of the punches comment I was just saying that the actual initial scrum wasn’t anything (IMO obviously) that would have ended the game.

The rest you are 100% spot on. 

• Like 1

12-0. I get the frustration. Looking at the schedule, they weren’t challenged all season. Good season.

Play a better schedule, learn to deal with adversity during the season, and you’ll be better prepared for games in November. False sense of who they were with 12 weeks of cupcake city.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Also, who leaves an ejected player alone or in a situation where he can EXECUTE what he did? Where is the adult in charge of making sure that kid is watched/isolated?

On the broadcast they seem unaware that he was ejected, but right before the punt they talk about him being on the sideline hugging his father.  So I'm guessing that's where he was.  Only two plays had taken place.  He was ejected, East threw an incomplete pass, then punted, which is where the next incident occurred.  A lapse in protocol I imagine.