Franklin County 49 Warren East 21

jvdfc

• theguru changed the title to Franklin County 49 Warren East 21

Flyers never trailed in this one on the road vs an undefeated 12-0 Warren East.  The Raiders were frustrated and there was a scuffle in the 4th and the game was called.  Flyers win the Regional Championship.  Go Flyers!

Just want to come on here and say congrats first and foremost to FC. 

I’m going to bypass the antics of the end of the game and just stay to the play. 
I thought Warren East struggled MIGHTLY to stop the run. It was rough. The flyers have kids who can get the ball and go but mercy were there some big holes. Their offensive line play was outstanding. 

The game was pretty much over from a realistic standpoint as soon as Dane Parsley left in the middle of the third quarter down two scores. Rolled his ankle up pretty bad it seemed and the cold made it so stiff he couldn’t put weight on it. 
This is no excuse, Franklin Co was the better team tonight, but I felt that’s when the game got away from East. 

Again, this was about how the Flyers executed. They were well coached, played sound defense, and expected to win. You could tell it with the way they walked on the field. 

Good luck going forward!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I’m going to bypass the antics of the end of the game and just stay to the play. 
I thought Warren East struggled MIGHTLY to stop the run. It was rough. The flyers have kids who can get the ball and go but mercy were there some big holes. Their offensive line play was outstanding. 

The game was pretty much over from a realistic standpoint as soon as Dane Parsley left in the middle of the third quarter down two scores. Rolled his ankle up pretty bad it seemed and the cold made it so stiff he couldn’t put weight on it. 
This is no excuse, Franklin Co was the better team tonight, but I felt that’s when the game got away from East. 

Again, this was about how the Flyers executed. They were well coached, played sound defense, and expected to win. You could tell it with the way they walked on the field. 

Good luck going forward!

Hope the QB Parsley is okay.  He is a really good player.  Congrats to Warren East on a great season.  Beautiful facility and field.  Go Flyers!

• Thanks 1

Warren East goes out 12-1 after a great season which saw them win their district for the first time in a decade and appear in a region championship for the first time in a decade. It was clear to me, once both teams settled in, that you could tell East was a team who had not been there before. The Flyers have and it showed. 

It was an outstanding season for the Raiders, and I hate that it ended in such an ugly way for that team, but there is a lot to build on out Louisville Rd. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Good luck going forward!

Dane is a very Good player! Seemed like FC settled in second half and really got after him and the route was on. At the end FC was really popping down hill on both sides. 

• Like 2