Central Hardin at Bullitt East Predictions/Updates

Central Hardin at Bullitt East  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Can Central Hardin play the underdog spoiler role in this one?

• Bullitt East
    • Central Hardin

This poll is closed to new votes

Central Hardin dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball against Daviess County. Central Hardin leads 6A in rushing and plays great defense. That can take you a long way this time of the year. The offense rolled on the ground with 249 yards rushing against Daviess County and RB Mason Gardner had 131 yards rushing to lead the way. 

Bullitt East has a great resume of wins this season and is/ should be favored in this game. Somehow I feel that CH is ok with the "us vs the world" mentality. This is the best defense that Tim Mattingly has had in 10 seasons at Central Hardin. 

This will be a true test for CH facing Bullitt East QB Travis Egan and RB Mason Gauthier. CH hangs their hat on being physical and this game will be no different.

This one could be a classic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think CH defense is as good as advertised. Henderson there best opponent scored 38 on them. With there best win being a 17-3 victory over a banged up DC squad. BE offense will be the best CH has seen all year and there wins over Manual and Male really stand out to me. I’ll take BE by 2 touchdowns 

• Like 1

Looking at the head-to-head history of these 2 teams: 

Sep 23, 2011 Central Hardin 28 Bullitt East 14  
Sep 21, 2012 Central Hardin 35 Bullitt East 31  
Sep 20, 2013 Central Hardin 28 Bullitt East 19  
Sep 19, 2014 Central Hardin 35 Bullitt East 28  
Sep 4, 2015 Central Hardin 35 Bullitt East 13  
Sep 2, 2016 Central Hardin 50 Bullitt East 19  
Aug 25, 2017 Central Hardin 44 Bullitt East 10  
Aug 24, 2018 Central Hardin 43 Bullitt East 7
  • Thanks 1

I know I have been criticized in the past for bringing up common opponents but here it is. The more you know about these 2 teams, the better informed you will be. 

Bullitt East 23 Fern Creek 7

Bullitt East 42 Meade County 28

Bullitt East 48 Butler 18

____________________________________________________________________________________

Central Hardin 39 Fern Creek 2

Central Hardin 37 Meade County 10

Central Hardin 37 Butler 0

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I know I have been criticized in the past for bringing up common opponents but here it is. The more you know about these 2 teams, the better informed you will be. 

Bullitt East 23 Fern Creek 7

Bullitt East 42 Meade County 28

Bullitt East 48 Butler 18

____________________________________________________________________________________

Central Hardin 39 Fern Creek 2

Central Hardin 37 Meade County 10

Central Hardin 37 Butler 0

Thanks for adding that information.  For what it is worth, that definitely favors Central Hardin. 

There is a great story in the Elizabethtown News Enterprise today on Central Hardin kicker Kase Vanblijenburgh. who is 6 for 6 on field goals this season including a 46- yard field goal vs South Oldham and a 39- yard field goal vs John Hardin. He is also 34-35 on extra points this season and routinely places kickoffs in the opponents end zone. He is definitely another offensive weapon for the Bruins. Anytime CH gets inside the opponents 30 -yard line, a field goal is definitely a strong option. Something you cannot say about many teams in high school football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

There is a great story in the Elizabethtown News Enterprise today on Central Hardin kicker Kase Vanblijenburgh. who is 6 for 6 on field goals this season including a 46- yard field goal vs South Oldham and a 39- yard field goal vs John Hardin. He is also 34-35 on extra points this season and routinely places kickoffs in the opponents end zone. He is definitely another offensive weapon for the Bruins. Anytime CH gets inside the opponents 30 -yard line, a field goal is definitely a strong option. Something you cannot say about many teams in high school football. 

A reliable kicker is a major plus at the high school level, for sure. Especially in a low scoring game. If CH can keep the points at a premium for Bullitt East, VanBlijenburgh becomes all the more valuable.