Florida 41 Ohio St 14

Original Rookie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU rushed three all night long absolutely idiotic.

Scared of the speed from the WR. Tried to play Zone and the speed stretched the field leaving the middle wide open. UF took what osu gave them 10 yards over the middle and a first down every time. If you can't get off the field on 3rd down you will not win. Leak played a great game!

The Big 10 is a Big Joke. I hate to be one of these posters to run my mouth after a big win but Im just tired of everyone giving the SEC the shaft. In the South Eastern Conference you play a higher level of competition. And thats why Florida won tonight, they were battle tested, and stronger for that. This just makes me wonder what Auburn would have done a couple of years ago but I guess we will never know.

I remember LSURock pointing out once that the word "joke" was originally censored when he first started on BGP. I remember that as well. I agree with him, in the right context it sounds awful.

I agree with you that the SEC was the best this season. I've said it all year. But your generalization is based on one game and it's a little unfair to call the Big 10 a joke. It's worth mentioning that the Big 10 went 2-1 against the SEC this bowl season. Wisconsin beat the SEC West division winner, Arkansas (a team that finished ahead of LSU) in the Capital One and Penn State made Tennessee look, at times, ridiculous in the Outback.

I will say that had LSU met Michigan in the BCS instead of Notre Dame, the Tigers would have beat them as well. But it's interesting to note how many people will claim that Notre Dame had no business in the BCS and yet use that same game to prop up LSU as the #2 team in the country.

Pressure Leak and he threw out of bounds or in the stands. I question why OSU did not apply more pressure?

Very good point. I think OSU tried to put more pressure on Leak but the O-Line of Florida had something to say about that. OSU got whipped on both sides of the ball in the trenches.

As you said, the pressure they did manage to put on Leak was effective but there just wan not much of it to go around.

If you want to brng up calls, why not be civil & mention the Fla.TD which clearly showed the RB knees down before the ball crossed?

There wasn't a single camera angle that showed the knee down, the ball, and the position on the field. I agree that he was probably 6-12 inches short, but there was surely not evidence to overturn the call. Also, UF would've just put it in the next play.

The holding on the kick return definately had more of an impact. That defender still at a legit shot at stopping Ginn and we know tOSU couldn't move the ball at all against UF's D.

Bottom line is that it didn't matter because Florida dominated every aspect of the game.

Congrats to the Florida Gators. Great game plan. Great preparation. Great execution. Great focus. Florida was more physical, quicker and controlled all facets of the game. Overall one of the most convincing of games for the National Title. Ohio State looked as if they were coming off a three day drunk.... They looked bad, played bad, made bad decisions, were out coached and made no significant adjustments during the game to influence the way the game was played or the outcome... Pretty dissapointing performance from a team that was ranked No. 1 all season... OSU just did not show up to play. Nothing against Florida. Several teams could have beaten the Buckeyes last night. Not sure any other team would have put a hurtin on OSU as Florida did though....

Couple of observations:

1. Florida was focused and prepared like no other team.... Kick off - FLA gives OSU 7 points to start game.... FLA bench was all focus and business. No panic and turned the game around in the next two possesions.......

2. FLA kept running the 2nd string QB in for a draw off guard or tackle. They ran this play 3 or 4 times in first half and got at least 3 years and problably more like 5 - 7 yards each time. In second half, when the 2nd string QB from FLA comes in, runs same play with similar success, just makes you wonder what was OSU thinking...? OSU never stopped this play. I think it was the only play that Tebow ran. After the first half, I would have the OSU LB's key on Tebow, when he was in the game, and plug the hole where ever he is going.... I know, sounds easy but doing it is not that easy... Just find it hard to understand that OSU could not figure that out... It would not have made any significant difference in the game, but sure could have cut out about 50 yards of rushing for FLA....

The same senerio reminded me of last years Championship game. Vince Young of Texas is leading his team all over the field in second half. Comes down to one play..... I think I'm going to have at least two players key on Young. Go were ever he is and meet him in the backfield or line of scrimmage..... Young WALKS into endzone (untouched) for National Championship. I was glad to see it, but wheres the Defense????

Until next year..............

Old Fasioned Butt Whoopin!

Florida may have the best D-Line I have ever seen. TS never had a chance and UF did not even need the Blitz to get the pressure on the QB.

I hate that the Bucks made such a poor showing. I was scared to death going into this game. In 2002 the Bucks played the same role against Miami that the Gators played this year. All OSU heard was they were no match for Miami. "Tell Miami to order the rings".........etc.

51 days since they last played was way too long to be ready for a game like this and OSU did not deal with that situation. Hopefully they will learn from that and continue to build from there. Next year could be a fairly long one for OSU with all the players moving on.

Congratulations to the Gators! They are the Nat'l. Champs!

There wasn't a single camera angle that showed the knee down, the ball, and the position on the field. I agree that he was probably 6-12 inches short, but there was surely not evidence to overturn the call. Also, UF would've just put it in the next play.

The holding on the kick return definately had more of an impact. That defender still at a legit shot at stopping Ginn and we know tOSU couldn't move the ball at all against UF's D.

Bottom line is that it didn't matter because Florida dominated every aspect of the game.

The camera angle was there. To many loopholes in the wording of the rule. If you and I both saw it as well as many others I am sure that one of several thousand cameras saw it as well.

As you and I both said the calls or lack thereof are mute points. Fla. kicked their behinds, plain & simple and this Buckeye fan makes no excuses for getting whipped.