Ole Miss 22 Kentucky 19

16thBBall Fan

Who knows where UK would be without Levis, but nevertheless, he was not what they needed him to be today.  While the first turnover was understandable, the fact remains that he personally turned it over twice in the closing minutes, personally removing their chance at a win.  To say nothing of him snapping too quickly before his receiver was set, and losing what may have been the game-winning TD.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Who knows where UK would be without Levis, but nevertheless, he was not what they needed him to be today.  While the first turnover was understandable, the fact remains that he personally turned it over twice in the closing minutes, personally removing their chance at a win.  To say nothing of him snapping too quickly before his receiver was set, and losing what may have been the game-winning TD.

Yes, Levis probably didn’t impress the many pro scouts at the game with his game management.

11 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final a tough loss we basically gave them 7 points. Plus gave the ball away twice in the last 3 minutes. Unreal!!

And don't forget our own guy tackling our kick returner.

• Like 3

UK just never seemed to have any traction today, one step forward two back.

Did a much better job against the run in the 2nd half, defense definitely played well enough to win this game.

Offensively we were out of sorts all day. Yet, as bad as we played still had a really good shot to win it at the end. I think the missed helmet to helmet call was maybe the biggest turn in the game.

Alas it doesn't matter, Cats were a 7 point underdog and played like it today.

• Like 2

Don’t understand the thinking in trying to get a play off quick, if you throw 3 incompletes and have to kick a FG then you’re giving Ole Miss time to kick a FG, Stoops has done a GREAT job with the program but the one area he has ALWAYS struggled with is in game management 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 9068 said:

So Ole Miss didn't win the game.....UK lost it? I thought the game was pretty even...as the score indicated. Ole Miss did just enough to hang on and get the W.

In my opinion Ole Miss didn’t beat Kentucky as much as Kentucky beat Kentucky. Shot themselves in the foot too many times. Two missed extra points and a field goal, not to mention a safety. If they take care of those mistakes it wouldn’t have mattered how many times Levis fumbled at the end of the game. 
I think Ole Miss played at the peak of their game and UK played average, or below, and still nearly won an SEC road game. 

• Like 1