Dixie 3 Ryle 1

I hope someone can give us a first-hand recap of the game between two of the top 5 (or so) teams in NKY.  Ryle had been playing very well, and Dixie hadn't played quite as challenging a schedule to this point, but the outcome is about what most would have expected.

Dixie is now 10-1-1 on the season (although I thought the Tates Creek game they list as a 0-0 tie was canceled, but I could certainly have that wrong), and they get Beechwood on Thursday...and then a great game with Frederick Douglass on Saturday night in Lexington.

Ryle is 5-3-2, they have their 4 game winning streak snapped, and now get Boone and Grant County back-to-back before a monster game with Cooper next Tuesday.

Fun game to watch. Ryle started the game with a higher intensity than Dixie did. Both teams testing each other’s back lines early with balls from deep. Ryle’s winger was giving Dixie’s left back all he could handle in the first half, I believe the name is Diego Hoenderkamp. He was constantly finding the ball in wider areas and running at the Dixie back line, which resulted in a PK for the Raiders in the first half which made it 1-0 Ryle. The Raiders continued creating good opportunities after going up 1-0, but couldn’t convert. With about 5 minutes left to play in the first, Dixie found success down the right flank, cross towards the back post and over Barth, where Dixie’s left winger (Dahi) was wide open to head it in the back of the net. 1-1 halftime. 

Second half the intensity of the game went up, not necessarily in a pretty way. That is expected when two really competitive teams are battling in a tight game. In the opening minutes, Dixie’s defender receives a yellow card after completely taking out a Ryle player. Other refs may have shown a red. Few minutes after that, Ryle could have been awarded a Pk when (I believe Diego again) started driving at 2 Dixie players and got tripped. Not given which coach Collins and Co. weren’t happy with at all. Past this moment, it was obvious that the Dixie team has more depth and more options across their lines, specifically in their attack. Last 25 minutes or so Dixie was the more dangerous team going forward. Gerak picked up the ball outside the 18 and drove at the Ryle center back followed by a good finish to make it 2-1. Not long after, Dahi was able to get his brace to make it 3-1. 

Overall, Both teams were fun to watch in their moments. Possession was pretty even for the first 50-60 minutes of the game and both teams have a lot of talented players, Ryle’s being a bit younger. I think it’s worth mentioning that Trevor Bolte didn’t play most of the game. Injury or illness, I’m not certain. Gerak and Ryder are dangerous going forward and will be hard to contain for any team for 80 minutes of a game. 

It will be a fun October for Region 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, PepKlopp said:

Fun game to watch. Ryle started the game with a higher intensity than Dixie did. Both teams testing each other’s back lines early with balls from deep. Ryle’s winger was giving Dixie’s left back all he could handle in the first half, I believe the name is Diego Hoenderkamp. He was constantly finding the ball in wider areas and running at the Dixie back line, which resulted in a PK for the Raiders in the first half which made it 1-0 Ryle. The Raiders continued creating good opportunities after going up 1-0, but couldn’t convert. With about 5 minutes left to play in the first, Dixie found success down the right flank, cross towards the back post and over Barth, where Dixie’s left winger (Dahi) was wide open to head it in the back of the net. 1-1 halftime. 

Second half the intensity of the game went up, not necessarily in a pretty way. That is expected when two really competitive teams are battling in a tight game. In the opening minutes, Dixie’s defender receives a yellow card after completely taking out a Ryle player. Other refs may have shown a red. Few minutes after that, Ryle could have been awarded a Pk when (I believe Diego again) started driving at 2 Dixie players and got tripped. Not given which coach Collins and Co. weren’t happy with at all. Past this moment, it was obvious that the Dixie team has more depth and more options across their lines, specifically in their attack. Last 25 minutes or so Dixie was the more dangerous team going forward. Gerak picked up the ball outside the 18 and drove at the Ryle center back followed by a good finish to make it 2-1. Not long after, Dahi was able to get his brace to make it 3-1. 

Overall, Both teams were fun to watch in their moments. Possession was pretty even for the first 50-60 minutes of the game and both teams have a lot of talented players, Ryle’s being a bit younger. I think it’s worth mentioning that Trevor Bolte didn’t play most of the game. Injury or illness, I’m not certain. Gerak and Ryder are dangerous going forward and will be hard to contain for any team for 80 minutes of a game. 

It will be a fun October for Region 9.

Great write up and welcome to the party!!!!!

• Thanks 1