Is it time to count out Franklin County in 4A?

Statsdontlie

The margin of loss to Ballard was sobering, but Franklin County doesn't have a truly bad loss in terms of teams.  I don't view them as a title contender, but I didn't already.  So if you mean counting them out to win it all, yes, that ship appears to have sailed.  I could still see them working their way into title game contention.  But there's a lot of teams in front of them now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Side note/question - How would this 1-3 record play at Highlands for Eddie James?

Highlands is only one game better than that, and there’s been a little heat on Sphire and Co. James doesn’t have the career longevity or hardware Sphire has, so I’d imagine a little more?

I clicked on this thread just to see how long before there was a Highlands reference, well it didn’t take long. 

6 with @Voice of Reasonas the Winner!

I can’t really give you a guess on who would be getting more heat, what Sphire is getting now or EJ if he was at the helm.  I think EJ would have been getting more leniency….:but maybe not. 

• Like 1

Struggling HS kids(and, not sure how much is a struggle…. They have played very strong opponents)  in September can be a totally different animal in November. I know they work too hard and have way too much invested to throw in the towel. In the long run, may be a huge positive. Some times hype can be a distraction. All they have now is each other and one day at a time to improve. If they have not been gutted by injuries, this will become a dangerous team. 

Over the past 30 years, the best stretches of football  came after hitting rock bottom.  

Never under estimate the resiliency of a HS football player or the toughness of coaches that have poured their guts into kids and a program. 

• Like 4