Covington Catholic 7 Lexington Catholic 6

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

COVINGTON CATHOLIC

The offense had 148 yards rushing and 106 yards passing for 254 total offensive yards. Pitzer was 6-14 passing for 106 yards and led the team in rushing with 85 yards on 22 carries. Oliver Link led the offense receiving with 2 catches for 51 yards.

The defense forced 3 fumbles and recovered 2 in addition to intercepting Lex Cath once. They had 6 tackles for loss, including 3 by Aiden Jones, and 1 sack, also by Jones. Sophomore linebacker Tate Kruer led the D with 8 tackles.

LEXINGTON CATHOLIC

Stats not yet reported, but Cov Cath's stats show the Lex Cath offense with 43 yards rushing and 238 yards passing for 281 total offensive yards.

Are these defenses super strong or the offenses not good or a combo? Not great offensive stats. 

12 hours ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Are these defenses super strong or the offenses not good or a combo? Not great offensive stats. 

Probably both. I thought CCH played real well defensively. Aiden Jones filled up the stat sheet and I Kruer (soph LB) popped to me too. 

Definitely a culture win for CCH. I didn’t expect to revert back to last years offense where we ended up spamming QB iso, but that’s kind of what happened in the 2nd half. We need to figure out a way to generate more explosive plays and frankly, it’s going to be on EE to gameplan them. Two nice wins on the road against two good programs the last two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1