BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings 8/22

TheDeuce

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Which means we really don't know how good Lexington Catholic is. That new coach and those new players maybe good enough to have an undefeated state championship season. One game is not enough of a sample size to really know how good or bad teams are. We will find out in the weeks to come.

I thought LexCath looked pretty good or what I would call typical Lexington Catholic.  However, like you said, not enough samples.

6 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Bryan  Station has done nothing to deserve this ranking plus they got blown out last week!

They were 10-2 last year and returned a lot of starters. Most teams ranked where  they're at would get blown out by a #1 team like Frederick Douglass. Things will be more clear with couple more games.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They were 10-2 last year and returned a lot of starters. Most teams ranked where  they're at would get blown out by a #1 team like Frederick Douglass. Things will be more clear with couple more games.

Agreed; Bryan Station has actually been 10-2 the last 2 years & they have a junior class loaded with talent, so I think their preseason ranking is fair & expected.  Now there are always teams that disappoint & teams that outplay expectations in every class, every year.  Last year I would say Madison Central outplayed preseason expectations & probably McCracken County was the team that disappointed based on preseason ranking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Who ever is ranking 6A might wanna get out and watch some games!

To be fair, there's only been one week of play, and the team you are advocating beat an Oldham County club that lost three of their last five games last season and then graduated a ton of key players (including an all-state caliber quarterback). I suspect Simon Kenton has a quality club - they'll have numerous chances to prove that in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Agreed; Bryan Station has actually been 10-2 the last 2 years & they have a junior class loaded with talent, so I think their preseason ranking is fair & expected.  Now there are always teams that disappoint & teams that outplay expectations in every class, every year.  Last year I would say Madison Central outplayed preseason expectations & probably McCracken County was the team that disappointed based on preseason ranking.

Looking at that, Bryan Station probably dropped further than they should have. But Highlands lost just as bad and they are out of the top ten, so maybe not. We'll find out more this week.

Such a heated conversation over 6th place. I’ve never once seen a team run circles around the goal post chanting “yea! We’re number 6! Yea! We’re number 6! Number 6 or bust, baby!!!!”

Pretty sure number six sits at home watching with numbers 3-10 while 1 and 2 finish the season. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, wrn1979 said:

Such a heated conversation over 6th place. I’ve never once seen a team run circles around the goal post chanting “yea! We’re number 6! Yea! We’re number 6! Number 6 or bust, baby!!!!”

Pretty sure number six sits at home watching with numbers 3-10 while 1 and 2 finish the season. 

Flint Tropics baby!!!! 4th place, 4th place!!!!!!!

• Haha 2