7. Ryle at 5A Conner

8. Ballard vs. 6A #3 Male

9. Pleasure Ridge Park vs. 5A Doss

10. Bryan Station at 4A #1 Boyle County

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

They should be 6 now.

Simon Kenton was 2-9 last year. The year before that they were 3-7. The year before that they lost to Tates Creek in the 3rd round of the playoffs 47-8. I don’t think one good win washes away the previous couple years.  Personally, I'll be surprised if they get to #6 next week.  A big win over Highlands will be deeply discounted after what Highlands did in week one. But the Pioneers probably have a chance at getting into the top 10 depending on what happens with the teams in front of them. When Simon Kenton has earned it on the field, they will be in the top 10.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Simon Kenton was 2-9 last year. The year before that they were 3-7. The year before that they lost to Tates Creek in the 3rd round of the playoffs 47-8. I don’t think one good win washes away the previous couple years.  Personally, I'll be surprised if they get to #6 next week.  A big win over Highlands will be deeply discounted after what Highlands did in week one. But the Pioneers probably have a chance at getting into the top 10 depending on what happens with the teams in front of them. When Simon Kenton has earned it on the field, they will be in the top 10.

And what happens when they lose this week?  Not one game does a season make one way or another.  Happens at every level.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Please explain to me why Ryle deserves #7 they lost to LexCath and was shut out in a scrimmage to Highlands?

I think Ryle should have dropped more, if not out, and I also believe Simon Kenton should be in. 

11 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Please explain to me why Ryle deserves #7 they lost to LexCath and was shut out in a scrimmage to Highlands?

Because their loss was to Lexington Catholic who is a good team and was about same loss margin as last year. Scrimmages don't count. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

LexCath replaced alot of their best players and a new coach and still beat Ryle.

Which means we really don't know how good Lexington Catholic is. That new coach and those new players maybe good enough to have an undefeated state championship season. One game is not enough of a sample size to really know how good or bad teams are. We will find out in the weeks to come.

• Like 1