South Warren 49 Highlands 14

theguru

5 minutes ago, Lady RedDog said:

Is the HHS / Sphire honeymoon period coming to an end after this display?

Good question. There’s really no justification for a performance like this, but we’ll see what the Highlands faithful come up with. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Good question. There’s really no justification for a performance like this, but we’ll see what the Highlands faithful come up with. 

My thoughts exactly.  But with how down the district is they could easily do something they have not done in a long time and that is beat CovCath and win the district.  Its a weird scenario but even if they do the question will be is Highlands getting better or did the rest of the district slide back?

I think next week is very important for this team.  Bounce back beat Simon Kenton and this might end up being put behind them.  Another lackluster performance next week and I think things could unravel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

My thoughts exactly.  But with how down the district is they could easily do something they have not done in a long time and that is beat CovCath and win the district.  Its a weird scenario but even if they do the question will be is Highlands getting better or did the rest of the district slide back?

I think next week is very important for this team.  Bounce back beat Simon Kenton and this might end up being put behind them.  Another lackluster performance next week and I think things could unravel.

Based on this weekends games, i expect more of the same in the SK game. 

• Like 4

Wow!  I know last year Senior group was told how impressive and talented the underclassmen were!  I can say with certainty they would have not delivered that type of performance.  Gut check!  The end of the day you have to have pride!  DB were smoked, turnovers and field position and special teams that are not special.  Dropped balls!!!  The end of day out of sorts and boy I am sure glad SW does not have a cannon!  It would have been a civil war enactment.  Get to work and regroup because my IPad got worked over.  Congrats to SW much better in every part of the game!!

• Like 1