Trinity at Carmel (IN) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

Trinity will travel to Carmel (IN) located in North Indianapolis and the game is scheduled at 7:00.

Last year Carmel defeated Trinity 49-38.

Trinity comes into the game with a good scrimmage win over Springfield (OH) who is ranked top 5 in Ohio preseason. Trinity played several sophomores last year and should be improved over last season where they lost to Male 48-21 in the semifinals of 6A.

Carmel (IN) is ranked preseason #5 in Indiana by Calpreps.com computer ratings. Carmel has two D1 players with S Winston Berglund rated #70 safety in the Nation by 247 sports composite ratings, and LB Will Heldt rated #76 edge in the nation by 247 sports composite ratings. Both have a 3-star rating.

This will most likely be a another good game. Does a improved Trinity get the win?

• Thanks 1

Should be a really good game. I'm expecting to see 2 QBs for Carmel and maybe Trinity too. Carmel EDGE Will Heldt is a 6'6 monster who had a great scrimmage vs. Westfield and Ben Davis (3-team scrimmage)...Berglund is very reminiscent of Shamrock DB's Jack Dingle and Timmy Smith and will definitely be one of the best players on the field. The Greyhound OL is huge and will need to move the stout Trinity DL to establish the RPO/Option running game. 

THS LB Brady McEnenany should be back, along with DB Lincoln Mitchell to solidify the defense. No word on SuperSoph JC Wilson's leg injury. Expecting Drew Allen to get the start at QB and I imagine they will try to employ a similar offense to what Beatty/Coverdale used with Reggie Bonnafon, as they are of a similar athletic thread. Lots to choose from at RB with Steven Mack, Jeremiah Lynn, Luke Sasser and Clint Sansbury all getting reps in the scrimmage. It also seems we will see a few of them to line up at WR, with Noah Myers playing both TE and WR as well. Here's hoping we can get it up to his 6'5 frame and cause some problems for Carmel. 

I am calling the game on the radio for Trinity so I won't pick a winner, but I fully expect this game to be a dog fight. Coach Cobb is coming off of a productive offseason and it really seems like this team is ready to flush the bad feeling from last year. They have some leadership in the locker room and some experience on the field. Execution is what comes next! Go Rocks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have only hearsay to report.  This team is still very very young, with a lot of key parts to replace. They have the talent, but now the rubber meets the road.  The defense looks to be stout.  Can they win this tough road opener?  I'm not sure.  But I do know that they're up for the challenge.  I'm just not sure that's enough in a Week 1 scenario.  However, it poses a great learning opportunity.  I look for a close battle, that will point towards a successful 2022 campaign.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

I know that the best Stat guy in Trinity football history is back after a multi-year hiatus. He was hired by the incomparable Wayne Kraus on color commentary. Should make for a fabulous radio broadcast. 

• Like 3

Saw this game last season. Trinity was impressive early but Carmel turned it on after the first quarter. Trinity is a year older and has much more game experience than last season, which means they should be in it. Does the road trip and what will inevitably be a good Carmel team prove too much for the Rocks?

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Saw this game last season. Trinity was impressive early but Carmel turned it on after the first quarter. Trinity is a year older and has much more game experience than last season, which means they should be in it. Does the road trip and what will inevitably be a good Carmel team prove too much for the Rocks?

Maybe. Should be a great game. I'm sure the Rocks are going up there to win. I like the chip on your shoulder underdog role.