Legal Dribble or Not?

A)If it is thrown off the opponents backboard, not legal to dribble.

B)If it is thrown off own backboard, and "Could be considered a shot", which is very hard to argue either way, then it is legal, but if they have already used the dribble and intentionally throws it off their own backboard,and you can definitely tell it's intentional and not a shot, then no it's not legal, because that throw off the backboard would be considered another dribble and be a violation, "Double dribble"

A)If it is thrown off the opponents backboard, not legal to dribble.

B)If it is thrown off own backboard, and "Could be considered a shot", which is very hard to argue either way, then it is legal, but if they have already used the dribble and intentionally throws it off their own backboard,and you can definitely tell it's intentional and not a shot, then no it's not legal, because that throw off the backboard would be considered another dribble and be a violation, "Double dribble"

From what I've read, your interp regarding "intentional" is not part of the equation.

Sometimes it's just too hard to tell if it's intentional or not. Now if I have stopped my dribble and I take a one handed baseball pass and throw it off the board, I'm pretty sure we all can tell that is intentional, but when it's closer to the basket and it's "Thrown towards the basket", most of the time that is considered a shot. Just really hard to tell either way!

Also remember in high school that the ball don't have to touch anything to be considered a shot. For example, if I have picked up my dribble under the basket and take a shot and shoot it straight up in the air and it doesn't hit anything, it's still considered a shot, so when it comes back down and I catch it, I can dribble, pass, or shoot it again without penalty! In the NBA it's still a travel, but not high school.