Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

As some of you know I am a big Formula 1 fan and there is concern about racing this week in Saudi Arabia because of oil refinery attacks in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.  According to motorsport.com a Houthi military spokesman claimed responsibility for a barrage of missile and drone attacks on various targets in the country.

Like all the other things I have mentioned, I have no idea if any of this has anything to do with the War in Ukraine but the timing is noteworthy.

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

Russia and Ukraine have reportedly agreed to 4 of the 6 major negotiation points. There is some hope this could be over soon.

Upon further review, conflicting reports that the two sides are further apart than ever.

Crap, who knows?

48 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Russia and Ukraine have reportedly agreed to 4 of the 6 major negotiation points. There is some hope this could be over soon.

Upon further review, conflicting reports that the two sides are further apart than ever.

Crap, who knows?

Everything I have seen on this (nothing today) indicates the two sides are very far apart and all things considered I find it hard to believe there would be any serious discussions until either one side or the other is clearly dominating the war.  I have heard a "narrative" claiming America is pushing Ukraine to agree to something, anything (which may account for conflicting reports) but again that is a narrative that I can neither confirm or deny.  The only way I see the Russians dominating is if they start using more powerful weapons which will probably escalate the war and the only way I see the Ukrainians dominating is if they are given enough lethal weapons to strike the Russians from a distance and that may escalate the war too.  I am being Captain Obvious here but the War in Ukraine is a complete disaster with no end in sight. 

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Everything I have seen on this (nothing today) indicates the two sides are very far apart and all things considered I find it hard to believe there would be any serious discussions until either one side or the other is clearly dominating the war.  I have heard a "narrative" claiming America is pushing Ukraine to agree to something, anything (which may account for conflicting reports) but again that is a narrative that I can neither confirm or deny.  The only way I see the Russians dominating is if they start using more powerful weapons which will probably escalate the war and the only way I see the Ukrainians dominating is if they are given enough lethal weapons to strike the Russians from a distance and that may escalate the war too.  I am being Captain Obvious here but the War in Ukraine is a complete disaster with no end in sight. 

A Russian General has said the first phase is over. It's goal was to weaken the Ukraine's military ability. Stated the end goal has always been to secure the disputed regions along the border.

This seems like they are trying to save face and still carve out a piece of Ukraine for Russia. 

This system and a similar one the Chinese operate have been noted as "Problematic" by US officials in the past. It has the ability to Spoof AWACS airborne radar, deny drones operating in the area and confuse other missiles. I'm sure the US will move heaven and earth to get their hands on it. If I'm Ukraine I trade it for a dozen MiGs!

Russian forces brought mobile crematoriums with then, originally to eliminate evidence of civilian casualties. Reports are now that they are being used to conceal casualties incurred by their forces.

Many dead Russian soldiers are also being left behind as their comrades retreat. 

Ukraine has offered refrigerated train cars to the Russians to evac their dead back to Russia, but were rebuffed.

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

A Russian General has said the first phase is over. It's goal was to weaken the Ukraine's military ability. Stated the end goal has always been to secure the disputed regions along the border.

This seems like they are trying to save face and still carve out a piece of Ukraine for Russia. 

That’s definitely what that comment sounds like it means. 

The BBC reported yesterday that a 7th Russian general, Lt Gen Yakov Rezantsev, was killed in a strike near the southern city of Kherson. I am amazed at the amount of generals that have been killed by Ukrainian forces. 

I also listened to a report last night claiming the Ukrainians still do not have the Switchblade drones they were promised and I have listened to report after report where the Ukrainians are begging for more lethal aid and of course for the weapons they have been promised.

Also, the Russians bombed Lviv yesterday in western Ukraine which would appear to counter any statements of negotiations or peace talks. 

Also from the BBC, Russian forces fired at a nuclear research facility in the north-eastern city of Kharkiv but the Ukrainians are unable to access the damage because of continued shelling.

Settle in everyone. This is going to go on for a while. The blitzkrieg failed. Russia will not withdraw or settle without some gain. Ukraine is emboldened by their success in stopping the blitzkrieg and is not going to give Russia anything. Ukraine does not have the offensive firepower to get the Russians out of the country. If this ends in 2022, I will be surprised.

Here is a headline from TheBlaze:

ISIS takes credit for terror attack in Israel that killed at least 2 police officers.

And from the same article:

Another attack in Beersheba last week claimed the lives of four Israelis, in what was the deadliest terror attack on Israeli civilians since 2016. Police said the terrorist attacker, who was killed, was also an ISIS supporter.

Like other events like this I have mentioned in this thread, I have no idea if it has anything to do with the War in Ukraine but the timing is noteworthy. 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Settle in everyone. This is going to go on for a while. The blitzkrieg failed. Russia will not withdraw or settle without some gain. Ukraine is emboldened by their success in stopping the blitzkrieg and is not going to give Russia anything. Ukraine does not have the offensive firepower to get the Russians out of the country. If this ends in 2022, I will be surprised.

This.

Hopefully that changes soon, real soon. 

According to some news reports Ukraine is now shelling some cities in Russia near the Russian/Ukrainian border.  That is a real positive for Ukraine. 

20 minutes ago, theguru said:

According to some news reports Ukraine is now shelling some cities in Russia near the Russian/Ukrainian border.  That is a real positive for Ukraine. 

Positive or negative in the Russian closed society with no free media? How will the state media report that?

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Positive or negative in the Russian closed society with no free media? How will the state media report that?

I don't know about all that, what I do know is Ukraine launching counter-offensives is good for Ukraine. 

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Positive or negative in the Russian closed society with no free media? How will the state media report that?

I'm sure it'll be spun into something along the lines of "unprovoked attacks" and they'll use it to justify ramping up their attacks as a "counter-offensive".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.