Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't know about all that, what I do know is Ukraine launching counter-offensives is good for Ukraine. 

 I agree. I would rather see them launching counter offensives against Russian soldiers in the Ukraine. I would have snipers going after every Russian checkpoint. Those spots look vulnerable and it would open roads up for citizens trying to avoid indiscriminate Russian attacks.

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I'm sure it'll be spun into something along the lines of "unprovoked attacks" and they'll use it to justify ramping up their attacks as a "counter-offensive".

 That is a concern and is why I would rather see them attacking Russians in the Ukraine.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

 I agree. I would rather see them launching counter offensives against Russian soldiers in the Ukraine. I would have snipers going after every Russian checkpoint. Those spots look vulnerable and it would open roads up for citizens trying to avoid indiscriminate Russian attacks.

By all accounts the Ukrainians are doing that too.  I would say this is symbolic and/or psychological warfare.

6 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I'm sure it'll be spun into something along the lines of "unprovoked attacks" and they'll use it to justify ramping up their attacks as a "counter-offensive".

Sure everything has a spin to it but I think either Russia is going to have to use more advanced weapons against Ukraine or eventually they will lose.  

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Sure everything has a spin to it but I think either Russia is going to have to use more advanced weapons against Ukraine or eventually they will lose.  

 Getting the Russians out will be very difficult. They will have the defensive advantage at some point when the Ukrainians go on the offense to try and get rid of them. The long haul is where sanctions actually actually could help.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 Getting the Russians out will be very difficult. They will have the defensive advantage at some point when the Ukrainians go on the offense to try and get rid of them. The long haul is where sanctions actually actually could help.

With the right weapons the Ukrainians can starve the Russians out.  Once Russia starts retreating it is over assuming there isn't an offensive escalation by Russia.  

All I keep hearing now is the Ukrainians begging for more weapons, complaining that many of the weapons they were promised (like the Switchblade Drones and Air Defense Systems) have not been delivered, and unfortunately more opinions that America does not want Russia to lose in the short term fearing that may cause Russia to escalate to weapons of mass destruction.

I read a headline this morning that said Russia was going to get the green light to draft 134,000 new soldiers.  That is very telling and somewhat alarming as well.  No way they're getting 134,000 right now, just for what's going on in the Ukraine.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I read a headline this morning that said Russia was going to get the green light to draft 134,000 new soldiers.  That is very telling and somewhat alarming as well.  No way they're getting 134,000 right now, just for what's going on in the Ukraine.  

They will draft what they want, those that refuse to go will be imprisoned immediately. 

Russia is now forcing countries that are still buying coal, gas and oil from them to pay in Rubles. They are trying to prop up their currency. In the past it has all been traded with US Dollars or Euros.

The Ruble is worth about 1.2 cents right now. It would be worse but the US Dollar has weakened some with inflation and interest rates going up.

15 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I read a headline this morning that said Russia was going to get the green light to draft 134,000 new soldiers.  That is very telling and somewhat alarming as well.  No way they're getting 134,000 right now, just for what's going on in the Ukraine.  

Two things come to mind here, one, I feel sorry for young men in Russia and two, I would much rather be discussing additional Russian soldiers than nukes. 

The thought that Russia is drafting 134,000 new soldiers, along with asking for help from soldiers from three other armies would have been unimaginable to me three months ago. Russia, even after the fall of the Soviet Union, was thought to possess one of the top two conventional fighting forces in the world. Without the threat of nuclear or chemical weapons they truly appear to be a paper tiger or more appropriately paper bear.

It has been reported that most Russian forces have retreated from the Kyiv area today. They are leaving behind dead bodies, burned out equipment and in some areas it has been reported land mines as well.

4 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It has been reported that most Russian forces have retreated from the Kyiv area today. They are leaving behind dead bodies, burned out equipment and in some areas it has been reported land mines as well.

What a disaster.

I did hear a report claiming the Switchblades were in route to Ukraine.  The only number I have seen is 100 of them being sent and as much as I think they can be a gamechanger 100 is only a drop in the bucket.  I would want at least 2000 to start and then go from there. 

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, bill, legislative process, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.