Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

Countries sending weapons to Ukraine:

Belgium

Canada

Czech Republic 

Croatia 

Denmark

Finland

France 

Germany 

Greece 

Italy

Netherlands 

Norway

Portugal 

Romania 

Slovenia 

Spain

Sweden 

UK

USA

There may be more. These are the countries I have seen listed.

 

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Countries sending weapons to Ukraine:

Belgium

Canada

Czech Republic 

Croatia 

Denmark

Finland

France 

Germany 

Greece 

Italy

Netherlands 

Norway

Portugal 

Romania 

Slovenia 

Spain

Sweden 

UK

USA

There may be more. These are the countries I have seen listed.

 

This is already WW3, it’s just unofficial at this point. 

17 hours ago, theguru said:

What a disaster.

I did hear a report claiming the Switchblades were in route to Ukraine.  The only number I have seen is 100 of them being sent and as much as I think they can be a gamechanger 100 is only a drop in the bucket.  I would want at least 2000 to start and then go from there. 

In a report I heard this morning, weapons and supplies are flowing into Ukraine daily. No details on switchblades or specifics.

15 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Countries sending weapons to Ukraine:

Belgium

Canada

Czech Republic 

Croatia 

Denmark

Finland

France 

Germany 

Greece 

Italy

Netherlands 

Norway

Portugal 

Romania 

Slovenia 

Spain

Sweden 

UK

USA

There may be more. These are the countries I have seen listed.

 

 

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In a report I heard this morning, weapons and supplies are flowing into Ukraine daily. No details on switchblades or specifics.

Thanks!

It is nice to know who your friends are in a time of need. 

ABC News showing video of mass graves filled with civilians in one city that Ukrainian soldiers have found after moving in behind retreating Russian soldiers. Videos of citizens lying dead in the streets reportedly gunned down by Russian soldiers are being shown. Citizens are reporting that many were shot after having their hands secured behind their backs. So far 400 civilian bodies have been recovered. 

Russia is now attacking Odessa heavily in the southern part of the country. Odessa is one of the most important cities to the Ukrainian economy. 

 

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

ABC News showing video of mass graves filled with civilians in one city that Ukrainian soldiers have found after moving in behind retreating Russian soldiers. Videos of citizens lying dead in the streets reportedly gunned down by Russian soldiers are being shown. Citizens are reporting that many were shot after having their hands secured behind their backs. So far 400 civilian bodies have been recovered. 

Russia is now attacking Odessa heavily in the southern part of the country. Odessa is one of the most important cities to the Ukrainian economy. 

 

Russia trying to landlock Ukraine.

Ukraine is offering $1,000,000 to any Russian defector that will turn over a jet or ship also.

35 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Russia trying to landlock Ukraine.

I think as much as anything at this point they are trying to spread out Ukrainian forces to keep them for massing for counter attacks. They also seem intent to inflict as much damage on the country as possible. It is also being reported that as they retreat the Russians are booby trapping homes, roads and even dead civilian bodies.

Russia will end up with the little regions that they already controlled of Ukraine and little if anything else when this is over. 

The War in Ukraine is moving to another chapter.  Russia is regrouping and Ukraine is getting a lot of lethal (and more offensive in nature) weapons from several countries.  Russia still has a big advantage in air superiority but beyond that I believe things have equaled out on the battlefield. 

As I am sure most of you know the Ukrainians used two Neptune anti-ship cruise missiles to sink Russia's Black Sea flagship, the Moskva.  I did read at least one report claiming this could be a "broken-arrow" scenario because the Moskva may have had two nuclear warheads onboard designed to attach to Russian hypersonic missiles for the purpose of taking out American Aircraft Carriers. 

I am glad to see all the countries stepping up their lethal aid to Ukraine and I am especially pleased at this moment in time with America for finally giving the Ukrainians access to many of the weapons they have been requesting. 

Also, the news coverage of the war appears to be a fraction of what it was a few weeks ago and if anyone has any recommendations for coverage on TV of the war I am all ears.

Finally, I expect this next chapter of the war to be on like Donkey Kong. 

I feel that the civilian loss of life number will be staggering when it is finally determined. 

I'm not sure it is possible for Russia to lose this war, but it may be possible that they don't win either. 

Russia in my opinion will not stop without reclaiming at least the Donbas region and nearby areas back into Russia. If Ukraine would agree to that today, I feel that Russia would declare victory, go home and lick their wounds.

A possible escalation scenario would be the UN sending troops in to protect and secure areas that Russia has pulled back from such as Kiev. Russia would then be in a position to continue to hold their current lines of advance at all cost as falling back could invite UN forces to backfill those areas to act as a buffer. The biggest problem with this is that in UN or Nato forces were to take up these positions they would in all likelihood do so only under an imposed no-fly zone. I'm not sure the Russian military has enough self control to not strike at peace keepers, on the ground or in the air.

 

Gotta love the Ukrainians sinking the Russian flagship that blew up that island at the start of the war. That is a huge win for Ukraine 

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Gotta love the Ukrainians sinking the Russian flagship that blew up that island at the start of the war. That is a huge win for Ukraine 

I have heard mixed reports on this.  Some say the Moskva was the "Snake Island" ship that the Ukrainians told them to you know what and other reports say that was a different ship that was also sunk.  Either way, yeah, I love it!

19 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

A possible escalation scenario would be the UN sending troops in to protect and secure areas that Russia has pulled back from such as Kiev. Russia would then be in a position to continue to hold their current lines of advance at all cost as falling back could invite UN forces to backfill those areas to act as a buffer. The biggest problem with this is that in UN or Nato forces were to take up these positions they would in all likelihood do so only under an imposed no-fly zone. I'm not sure the Russian military has enough self control to not strike at peace keepers, on the ground or in the air.

 

Have you heard any credible reports that the UN would sent troops into Ukraine?  I haven't but again I am struggling to get all the coverage I would like to get. 

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Have you heard any credible reports that the UN would sent troops into Ukraine?  I haven't but again I am struggling to get all the coverage I would like to get. 

Only that it's a possibility that they could insert troops as a buffer at some point. Some talking head mentioned the possibility. I just extrapolated how that decision could then go sideways.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.